Question

Errant Low temperature alert from Arcadyan KVD21 gateway?

• 2 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

This morning we noticed that our Arcadyan KVD21 5G gateway had a low temperature alert on the front panel.  It was 71 degrees in the house, so this seemed really strange!  I will say that we just recovered from a long power outage during the remnants of Hurricane Ian (I am in NC), so perhaps that made the gateway a little crazy?  We unplugged the gateway and plugged it back in, and the alert went away.  Just wondering if anyone else has seen this or if we should just assume it was a glitch and not worry about it.  Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I don’t ever recall seeing such a notice on the Nokia I have. I would guess, as you have, that it was just a glitch. Due to the power disruptions maybe there was a bit of a brown condition and that tripped the gateway up a bit. If you don’t see it repeating it is probably nothing to be concerned about. If you see an over temp message well that is maybe real. Then a fan to exhaust heat from the gateway might be a good idea. If it isn’t broken don’t fix it.

We had the low temperature alert this morning on our Arcadyan KVD21 5G Gateway. It was 67° in the house so definitely not a low temp. Unplugging and replugging the device back in cleared the alert but certainly hoping this won't be recurring issue. 

Badge

Fortunately, it has not recurred for us, and it only happened after a long power outage. I hope yours is a one and done thing as well, @amt60 .

Just chiming in to say I had this problem with my 5g home internet, too. I followed in both of your footsteps and it seemed to solve the problem (which was the same - my apartment’s a perfectly normal temperature but I was getting the TEM001 error saying it was a cold environment). 

so, seems like a bug that’s still a problem. And also thanks for saving me a stressful evening. 

Badge

I had forgotten all about this until I got the email from this forum about a new post.  I’m the OP and pleased to say that this error message has never recurred, so it seemed to have been simply a temporary glitch.