Question

gateway error 500

Badge

This error still comes up after restarting manually and through app. Also after removing SIM

16 replies

Badge +1

If you are encountering a "Gateway Error 500" on T-Mobile, it typically indicates a server-side issue. However, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem:

1. Clear Cache and Cookies: Clearing the cache and cookies on your web browser or within the T-Mobile app can help resolve temporary issues. Go to the settings of your browser or app and look for options to clear cache and cookies.

2. Try a Different Browser or Device: Sometimes, the error may be specific to a particular browser or device. Try accessing the T-Mobile website or app using a different browser or device to see if the issue persists.

3. Check Network Connection: Ensure that you have a stable and reliable internet connection. If you are using mobile data, switch to Wi-Fi or vice versa to see if that makes a difference. You can also try resetting your network settings by going to Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

4. Contact T-Mobile Support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it is recommended to reach out to T-Mobile customer support. They have access to specific information about their systems and can provide further assistance in resolving the error.

When contacting T-Mobile support, provide them with specific details about the error, the steps you have already taken, and any error messages you have encountered. This will help them understand the situation better and provide more targeted solutions.

Remember, the Gateway Error 500 is usually a server-side issue, so it may require assistance from T-Mobile's technical team to resolve it fully.

I hope these suggestions help in resolving the issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

This error still comes up after restarting manually and through app. Also after removing SIM

I reached out to T-Mobile since 5/27 about that gateway issue and it still has not been resolved, 

I will be returning the device 

Badge

I have the same problem. I factory reset my gateway, and the issue persisted. I called T-Mobile, got a replacement gateway device, and the replacement has the same problem. They said they made a ticket with their engineering team, but it's been 8 days and I haven't heard any updates from them. 

Same issue here. This happens when I connect my Lenovo Google smart display. If I remove the smart display, everything works with no error code 500. 

Same exact issue here, I’ve factory reset the gateway, signed out of the app and re downloaded the app and tried through the website on multiple devices and the same issue, has never worked since day 1, just got off the phone after 50 minutes with tech support and they are submitting a ticket to engineering should hear back within 72 hours so we’ll see 

I am getting the same error, only when checking "devices" on the gateway, using the phone app. Otherwise,  fully functional. 

This. I read this. Turned my Amazon Tablet wifi off and there are all the devices in the tab, loaded up with no issue, no error.

Currently having the same error message on my Arcadia gateway when trying to manage devices in the T-Mobile Internet app. Resetting gateway does nothing. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Currently having the same error message on my Arcadia gateway when trying to manage devices in the T-Mobile Internet app. Resetting gateway does nothing. 

Disconnect all Android and Amazon devices from the gateway, and see if the error 500 continues.

Agree with the suggestion to disconnect all Amazon devices from the gateway.  If my Fire TV is connected to the gateway WIFI, I get the error 500 when trying to list devices.  If I move my Fire TV to my router WIFI (my router is attached to the gateway’s 1Gb Ethernet port), the error goes away.  I have the Sagemcom 5688W gateway.

Same issue again and again this is crazy 

Badge

Hello everyone, For T-Mobile Home Internet Gateway Error code 500, we have tried to mention all possible reasons with fixes step-by-step process. Hope it would help you out to fix the issue own-self. 

I do believe they have fixed this issue. I am now able to view my devices, although there isn’t much management to be done in the app unless you like the option to schedule devices to turn themselves on and off.

I unplugged my Firestick and the TMobile app works!!

Agree with the suggestion to disconnect all Amazon devices from the gateway.  If my Fire TV is connected to the gateway WIFI, I get the error 500 when trying to list devices.  If I move my Fire TV to my router WIFI (my router is attached to the gateway’s 1Gb Ethernet port), the error goes away.  I have the Sagemcom 5688W gateway.

I unplugged my Firestick and it solved the issue!