Gateway home i-net

• 12 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 1 reply

T-Mobile Gateway setup, contrary to the instructions, is so complicated, scattered, and full of upsells interrupting setup. First, their official video for setup doesn't sync with the feedback you get on your cellphone. How come this unwelcome “Digitizze” pops up during registration and you can’t get past it? 

Are you TRYING to lose market share? Did you forget that 99% of consumers don’t like doing stuf like this? How can such intelligent people be so stupid?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

RHP, I've not only set up my own gateway (an Arcadyan KVD21 5G gateway) but helped a lot of others on the forum as well. I've never heard of what you're describing.

When I Googled Digitizze I came up with:

https://www.zoominfo.com › c › digitizze › 560647950
Digitizze - Overview, News & Competitors | ZoomInfo.com
Digitizze. Business Services · India · 41 Employees . Digitizze is a company that operates in the Human Resources industry. It employs 21-50 people and has $1M-$5M of revenue.

...along with others, some having to do with WhatsApp. I think your phone either has an app tied to WhatsApp that you might not even be aware of, that gets activated by the TMHI app. Its also possible, but less likely, that your phone been hacked.

You are the only person I've heard of on this forum that is stating this problem, so my first instinct is to look at your phone’s software and temporarily remove any that might be causing any cross-traffic with the T-Mobile app. The second thing to do is plug-in the gateway and simply let the gateway set itself up with the default network names and passwords that are on the bottom of your gateway. After the gateway sets itself up successfully with the defaults, go in with the app and see if you can't then customize your network.

Good luck! I know how maddening these types of errors can be.

Badge

Thank you. Your suggestions have been very helpful. I have managed to get my 5G up and running. Again, many thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Yea! Hope you enjoy your new service!