Question

Gateway Screen Does Not Respond

• 12 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have set up my 5G gateway (the black box). Connection to internet is fine. However, the screen on the gateway does not respond to touch. It says I have 3 messages, plus the option to change language. I did remove the plastic protective film. When I touch the screen on text that looks like a link (underlined) nothing happens. I don’t need to change the language; do I need to read the messages?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I have the Nokia gateway, so not sure about this, but I think the Arcadyan doesn’t have a touch screen. You have to use the arrow and selection buttons under the screen.

The messages are probably generic. One that says welcome and maybe one that reminds you to set up autopay to save $5. I can’t think of what the 3rd one might be.

Badge

You’re right, it doesn’t have a touch screen. It just gives the impression that it does if you don’t know better, which I did not. The Quick Start Guide gives no information aside from the steps to set up the gateway and the app. It should also include at a minimum the way to interact with the gateway screen. Showing choices that look like links made me think it was a touch screen. Pushing the various buttons instead is not at all intuitive.

I did eventually find the User Guide on the T-Mobile website, but you  have to go through several pages to find it. The Quick Start Guide just refers you to the InternetGatewaySupport page. It would better to refer to the page for the specific gateway model.

When I press the on button the screen comes on and is blue with lines across it.  No text shows up. It looks like a TV screen with no signal. Is this a defective device? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

When I press the on button the screen comes on and is blue with lines across it.  No text shows up. It looks like a TV screen with no signal. Is this a defective device? 

It should be showing connection strength bar info and stating what your connection is at the time.  I always have three red bars and it states: “Your connection is good.”  It also should show the time in the upper right corner and 5G in the upper left.