getting bad slowly but surely.

• 31 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

When I first got the home internet there were no real issues other than the cheesy app not working. Now that the app works most of the time my internet itself has come to a crawl. The geniuses want you to think it’s at your end and that’s that. My gateway has not been moved, it is within 100 yards of a tower in a window. In the app it shows Excellent. When I dive into the statistics of the gateway they all the stats are excellent.I’m not sure if this is growing pains or a sign to move on. I do know I will not tolerate this for very long before I change my service completely. T-Mobile does not focus very well, the reliability of their internet should be if a big priority to get right or what’s the point? They will eventually lose all the customers they acquire. I really dislike how they always come at me like I’m doing something wrong, step up and take responsibility for your lack of doing what needs doing already. There are many options you guys need to realize that T-Mobile is not the only show in town. I’m not calling or chatting with the geniuses anymore, enough is enough. Best of luck to fellow users, I hope your works better than mine.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

At the risk of stoking your anger towards T-Mobile, my experience with their service has been good. I find Tech Support attentive and capable, although I've only had to call once. My service is reliable and seems to stay so, consistently. The tower I connect to is about one mile away and only allows me to connect via 4G LTE.

If I might suggest, I'd reset (not restart) your gateway, then put it someplace where it is not so close to the tower. I'm not an electrical engineer, but I'd be willing to be that it's part of your problem. See if you can't move it as far away from the tower as you can in your home, then set up your network(s) again and see if there is any change in behavior.

I hope this helps.

Badge

I’m glad your experience is better than mine, yes I’ve reached a boiling point with them. I have reset the gateway numerous times due to extreme buffering while trying to watch a movie. Things did not start out like this at first it was great but it’s now nearly useless. My gateway is less than 100 yards from their tower in a window that sees the tower. All statistics are excellent per there app. I really think it’s out of my hands and in theirs. Not sure if the market where you live but I’m in Southern California and it seems clear that as they add customers the service suffers. 

I hope yours continues to work good for you, it is very good when it actually works.

Best,

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

youre absolutely positive that tower is a TMO tower? even if it is keep in mind that the antennas themselves are not pointed at the ground but straight out and slightly down to cover the most area possible. oddly enough they might have made adjustments to said antennas and moved them a bit creating this. or there could be a tower issue happening that they havent noticed yet.

Badge

Yes it’s definitely T-Mobile confirmed by both T-Mobile and when they were servicing the tower I walked over and spoke to the technician who also verified it. Unless both have given me bad information then yes I am to be certain of it. I don’t know of another way to verify that other than what I’ve done. The gateway is in s window on the second floor. I’m pretty sure it’s in the best possible place in my house also basing that on the statistics within the app. They are all very good leaving me with not really understanding how it got so bad. The gateway provided an excellent internet for months, it is in the exact location as it’s always been. I have used the tool to see if possibly there’s a better location, there just is not. My neighbor s couple doors down is experiencing the same thing, he has much more patience with T-Mobile than I do. He is on the phone with them constantly and with no better results. I really believe the system is getting overloaded due to more people using it. Bottom line is in 2023 I should not have to jump through rings of fire to have decent internet and with the amount of things required to figure all this out I’m sort of over it. I just don’t have the desire to spend so much time trying to figure out what is fairly obvious.

Me too.  When it works it works great but once a week failure or dramatic slowdown is real irritating.  The support reps are great but all they can tell me is that I’m in a low coverage area and T-MOBILE has no plans to do anything about it.  I really don’t want to go back to Brightspeed 

Welcome to T-Mobile. Worlds most oversold network. Absolute zero quality of service guarantees.

The idiot CEO is obsessed with pumping the stock by boosting subscription count with unsustainable offers and degrading the quality of the service for all. Eventually the whole country will know just how $hit T-Mobile is and the more QOS oriented ISPs like Verizon and AT&T will start siphoning off subscribers as their more sustainable network grows.

I’m almost to the point of paying twice as much per month, buying a $600 gateway and going with Starlink. Every night after work I cant even stream a low quality Youtube stream without buffering. It’s absolutely pathetic and enraging internet. Everytime TMHI seems like it might be improving they do some stupid $30/month offer and saturate the network. Imbeciles.