Question

Google blocking search

Userlevel 3
Badge

I placed a search on Google and this is the response I got back.

"This network is blocked due to unaddressed abuse complaints about malicious behavior. This page checks to see if it's really a human sending the requests and not a robot coming from this network.”

What does this mean? Is Google trying to block my use of its service because of issues with T-Mobile?

151 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I wonder if this is national or just focused more in one part of the country.  I’m located in the NorthWest panhandle of FL (new Pensacola).  I see a New Orleans, an Ohio, and a Shreveport LA.   

I'm in MI and have had this issue for a few days also.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I wonder if this is national or just focused more in one part of the country.  I’m located in the NorthWest panhandle of FL (new Pensacola).  I see a New Orleans, an Ohio, and a Shreveport LA.   

I'm in MI and have had this issue for a few days also.

Hey friends, 

Can you provide the information that I asked for in my previous post. The more examples and details we get, the better chance we have at resolving this quickly. Thanks. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

There may be some confusion about “searching”.  I suspect everyone is having the same issue as I am and you don’t have to search. Just going to google.com causes the CAPTCHA to show up for me.  I have Google set-up as my default search engine, so tying a search in the URL bar causes the error as well.  But really, you don’t have to search, just going to Google causes the issue.  

As for location, I’m NW Florida (Central Time Zone).  

After I clear the message, I get a few minutes without issue but it will come back eventually.  I’ve attached an image.  Note that I didn’t search, I just tried to go to google.com.  To help, I included a second image taken just 10 seconds after the first one AFTER going thru the process and getting access.  I cleared my cache and cookies to see if the message would show up twice and it did. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Another image showing just “google.com” in the URL line.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@KapFL Thank you for sharing those screenshots and clarifying the exact situation. I notice that you are blacking out the IP address on these screenshots and our teams are thinking that it has something to do with that specifically. Would you be able to send me a DM with the IP address that shows when you are seeing this? Since we have dynamic IPs, it is really important for us to understand which are leading to issues. 

Userlevel 1

@KapFL Thank you for sharing those screenshots and clarifying the exact situation. I notice that you are blacking out the IP address on these screenshots and our teams are thinking that it has something to do with that specifically. Would you be able to send me a DM with the IP address that shows when you are seeing this? Since we have dynamic IPs, it is really important for us to understand which are leading to issues. 

Rebooted a few times to get some more IPs for you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@qraqson They are greatly appreciated! 

Happening in Ohio also.  We get our IP addresses from Detroit it appears. This was before I rebooted but it keeps coming back.  I do not have same IP now.  All IP I have gotten and have this issue are in the 172.58.xxx.xxx range.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Happening in Ohio also.  We get our IP addresses from Detroit it appears. This was before I rebooted but it keeps coming back.  I do not have same IP now.  All IP I have gotten and have this issue are in the 172.58.xxx.xxx range.

Good eye noticing a trend with the IPs that are having the issue. I can pass this along. Thanks! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

As an FYI, there is a slight difference with mine.  Mine is a 172.59.XXX.XXX. 

Happening to me in Michigan as well.

Same here just got it Rayville Louisiana. TMHI 

About this page

This network is blocked due to unaddressed abuse complaints about malicious behavior. This page checks to see if it's really a human sending the requests and not a robot coming from this network.

IP address: 172.58.123.200
Time: 2023-08-24T23:34:19Z
URL: https://www.google.com/search?

I am getting the same errors as of yesterday morning. Another Michigan customer.

I am having the same problem here in SW MS, 90 miles north of New Orleans. 

Userlevel 1

Update from T-Force for those interested:

“Our teams have confirmed they are aware of this happening, and they confirmed with Google that this isn’t limited to T-Mobile Home Internet as it’s happening with other ISP’s as well. They noted that it isn’t limited to a specific IP address, which explains why the troubleshooting we did didn’t help, but as this is happening on Google’s side of things, the fix for this will need to be processed on Google’s side of things as well. 

They noted that some users reported that after performing a Cumulative update for Windows version 11 Version 22h2 for X64- based systems (KB5029263) and (KB5028948), all sites worked, so that’s something you may be able to do on any Windows based systems that you’re experiencing this on. Another thing I read was that some users reported being able to use Google though the web browser’s incognito mode without consistently being asked, so that’s another thing that may help for your other devices. 

I’m sorry I don’t have a more concrete answer on how or when this will be fixed, but I’m glad we were able to confirm that it’s not something to do with your Home Internet account and that both our teams and Google is aware of this happening!”

I'm getting the same issue in the last 3 days

I have DMed HeavenM already, but chiming in with the same issue for the past few days. 

Same issue from Meraux, LA (New Orleans area). Happening on an iPhone and MacBook Pro. 

Same issue on mobile phone. Searches or Google home page returns the same captcha message everyone else has quoted. Started on Aug 26 23

Userlevel 1
Badge

Update from T-Force for those interested:

“…., but I’m glad we were able to confirm that it’sh not something to do with your Home Internet account and that both our teams and Google is aware of this happening!”

There has to be more to this than Google. Somehow there is a disconnect where Google security sees T-Mobile connections as a threat and T-Mobile needs to take a lead to fix it rather than toss out a not-my-problem statement.  Let’s get this moving before customers start moving to new services.  

Userlevel 1

.. Got the update above ..

Hey everybody! We really want to find out why exactly this error is occurring and appreciate everyone that is speaking up about it. Filing tickets with our care team is a great way to draw attention to what exactly is going on, but I am also sending your feedback to our T-Mobile Internet team to have it reviewed. 

To pin down exactly what is happening, the information that is extremely helpful is you IP address, time, and city/state when you get the error. Some may not be totally comfortable with sharing that information on the public thread, but if you send me a DM with those details, I can pass it along. 

Thanks!

I just sent a DM.  I’m in Foley, AL, although my IP address generally seems to locate to Louisiana.  Thank you for addressing this.