Hassles Starting/getting T Mobile 5G internet- bad luck or usual problems?

• 31 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I wanted to try T-Mobile internet for my home. So far the following has happened: 
          1) First Gateway they sent would not power on. Exchange was initiated.

2) Second Gateway arrived. No power cord. Power cord different from first Gateway. Shipment of new Power cord initiated. First Gateway sent back.

3) Power cord arrives 4 days later. By the way, I have a bill already. Gateway powers up, but no signal. Then error- no SIM card. Open slot, guess what? No SIM card.

Did I mention I have a bill?

Going to store tomorrow to get a SIM card and try again. I was assured the SIM card will be free. Do ya think?. Did I mention I have a bill but have not even tried the service yet.

Are these things common or bad luck? Should I just drop off the equipment and skip getting the SIM card? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I've read a lot of bad with some good about TMHI but to me it's not worth it to save $15 a month compared to my Cox cable bill.

Been having technical problems from day one can't get no one on the phone for days don't know what to do feels like I'm a prisoner in internet land and still paying for services I'm not receiving bad business practices indeed looking for another cable service as we speak 🗣️

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Are these things common or bad luck?

From my prospective, bad luck.  I signed up for TMOHI almost two months ago and was sent the Arcadyan KVD21 gateway.  I haven’t had any kind of issue so far.  I’m saving only about $11.50 a month compared with the C.C.I. DSL I had previously, but, on average, I’m getting twice the download speed and seven times the upload speed.  So, no complaints so far in my case.