Question

Home internet service really sucks lately

• 6 December 2022
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey T-Mobile , why is my home internet service so bad lately? Also, why don't the people who answer my calls speak English?

If i had to compare my recent experience with T-Mobile home internet to anything else in the world. I would compare it to having dental surgery without anesthetic.

The service sucks!

The customer service sucks!

Give me one good reason to stay with your service....

12 replies

I've had spotty service since i first had the nokia gateway in my house. Good news is just today they sent me a replacement nokia gateway. In setting it up today i noticed a strong looking signal coming from a moderate distance down my street. A few months ago i didn't see this. AND my connection is better now. I changed the location of the gateway to the other side of my place. So tonight i am relieved.

Betore today it seemed to me like my internet reception might never inprove. By the way, the Nokia gateway was replaced by warranty. Jem is the name of the guy who helped me. Right now i think my problem is solved. Hopefully nothing else will cause any pronlems. 

I like watching Pluto TV. Tonight it's coming in ncely.

If I had any idea of how bad this thing is, I would never have got it. By now, the speed sucs (wireless around 1 to 8Mbps - kind of shame just mentioning), and wired it is not that much better. I am on my 2nd box (with the same SIM Card - do not asked me why, it is just stupid since the problem can be it), and the problems do not change. Just yesterday was over 1hour with the technician since the signal went away completely,  and nobody could find a reason, or fix it (I kind of lost, and when he gave up trying, I went to a section of cold turnings on and off, and that thing that they call "modern" started again to work. I am really thinking in returning this "thing" (deserves another word) and cancel my service (also deserves another word for it). The way things are going, that may happen really soon. As I wrote to T-Mobile in the survey, if you do not have competency to deal with it  do not sale it

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

This is a user forum, not an official T-Mobile customer service site.  No T-Mobile employees will provide assistance here. Any complaints may get sympathetic ears but unlikely to solve your problems without additional technical details. 

We have the Nokia Gateway an it worked great for 7 mths we are now on day 4 with internet going down every 20 minutes still on the replacement router they sent yesterday. I stopped counting the multiple people I have been passed to with TMobile but this one tech support in “California “ lied out right jus to get me off the phone, so I had to hang up an call back to get someone else. I would cancel my account if it were not for T-Mobile being the only tower nearby. I work remote so internet is vital. I feel for the people that work for T-Mobile. It’s not the workers, it’s the company that should be embarrassed for such a bad quality of service.

This is a user forum, not an official T-Mobile customer service site.  No T-Mobile employees will provide assistance here. Any complaints may get sympathetic ears but unlikely to solve your problems without additional technical details. 

What’s the difference, no luck with T-Mobile customer service so at least we can comfort an spread the word about T-Mobiles quality service.

Was great for 2 months and now hasn’t worked in a week.  
All customer service does is ask you to unplug and plug back in.  

How long does it take to fix a tower???

Hey T-Mobile , why is my home internet service so bad lately? Also, why don't the people who answer my calls speak English?

If i had to compare my recent experience with T-Mobile home internet to anything else in the world. I would compare it to having dental surgery without anesthetic.

The service sucks!

The customer service sucks!

Give me one good reason to stay with your service....

I’ve experienced the same in TWO DIFFERENT STATES!!!

We have T-Mobile’s home internet at our house in NC and our RV in VA and we were one of the first to have it during their testing phase and it was GREAT, but since around the start of the year, it has SUCKED in both places and usually only during peak hours.

AND we have their peak hours service that’s supposed to provide better service coverage when demand is high.

Apparently that was a LIE!!!

If I had any idea of how bad this thing is, I would never have got it. By now, the speed sucs (wireless around 1 to 8Mbps - kind of shame just mentioning), and wired it is not that much better. I am on my 2nd box (with the same SIM Card - do not asked me why, it is just stupid since the problem can be it), and the problems do not change. Just yesterday was over 1hour with the technician since the signal went away completely,  and nobody could find a reason, or fix it (I kind of lost, and when he gave up trying, I went to a section of cold turnings on and off, and that thing that they call "modern" started again to work. I am really thinking in returning this "thing" (deserves another word) and cancel my service (also deserves another word for it). The way things are going, that may happen really soon. As I wrote to T-Mobile in the survey, if you do not have competency to deal with it  do not sale it

We had the same problem LAST YEAR and FINALLY I went to the store and asked our guy (he’s worked there for YEARS), and he said that T-Mobile went all 5G and if we didn’t upgrade our SIM cards (ALL OF THEM - phones AND home internet) we’d have these problems.

We upgraded all of our SIM cards and the problem was fixed; until THIS YEAR!!  Who knows!

My gf's service is crap. It's usually 2 bars or less on her modem. Sometimes, it shows 1 or 2 bars even though my phone (also T-Mobile) has 3 or 4 bars. I hate the service where I am. Yes it's in T-Mobile’s service area but it's almost like having dial up (if any of you remember what that's like).