Question

HULU won't stream on TMobile Home Internet (Gray Tube) device.

• 10 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

HULU, being used on a ROKU wont allow streaming at all on the TMobile Home Internet tube. The error code says the IP Address is not a home IP Scheme and its a Mobile Device, not a home internet provider. Therefore i can't take advantage os the network speed it provides.

HULU and TMobile need to communicate so we can all stream HULU which is why we got the unit.

Upgrading from 4 MB DSL type service to 200 MB service is HUGE and allows us to move to 1080 resolution.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Unfortunately until either TMO revamps their infrastructure and such or Hulu changes their policy considering live streaming (the cheaper on-demand plan works fine, it just knackers up Hulu Live), not much can be done about it.

If you can get a VPN working through your router, it may resolve it... though you could run into some weird regional issues because of where the tunnel exits.

Otherwise, may want to look into alternative streaming platforms like SlingTV or Vidgo that do work on TMO for live streaming.

Yes I have regular Hulu and just signed up for t-mobile home internet. It worked for a couple of days now it does not work.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Just streamed Hulu yesterday for a few hours, after just subscribing again.  It did not work at first on my Sony TV, so tried to bring it up on my desktop and that worked.  Then I casted it to the Sony screen, which worked. By the second episode of the series I was watching, I did not have to cast it.  Hulu worked fine on my Sony.  That’s not Hulu Live, though, and my Hulu plan has no commercials.

What do you mean casting. I tried for 4 hours and it keep saying network is not connected. I can see Netflix just not basic Hulu. Was on the phone with Hulu for 3 hours and 1 hour with t-mobile. Still not working.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

What do you mean casting. I tried for 4 hours and it keep saying network is not connected. I can see Netflix just not basic Hulu. Was on the phone with Hulu for 3 hours and 1 hour with t-mobile. Still not working.

Okay, I went to the Hulu website on my desktop computer and there was no problem connecting to Hulu there.  I found the series I wanted to watch and started playing it on the desktop.  Next to the setting symbol at the bottom of the page, under the stream timeline, is the cast symbol.  (Look up the term, if you need to see pictures of it.) 

When I click it, it goes to a list to where I can make the show on my computer appear on another device.  The only device available for me is my Sony TV. I click that and the Hulu show is then playing on my TV screen, with sound coming out of my Sony AV receiver.  I can’t use the TV remote to control what’s playing, however.  I would have to use my mouse and computer to do so.  The computer, of course, has to stay on the Hulu page the whole time. I can use the AV remote to control the sound volume, though. Also, I can’t remember how I got casting set up in the first place.  It probably is simple, though.

As I said earlier, though, I just started streaming Hulu with T-Mobile internet, so don’t know if it will always work so well, since many of you are having problems.

P.S. By the way, I can also access Hulu using the app on my cell phone, which is of course a T-Mobile phone, and easily cast what I’m watching on the phone to my TV.

This is the weird part. The first 3 days I had my tmobile internet, it worked on my smart tv along with my t-mobile cell phone and macair laptop. Then it stopped. I do not see casting on my macair laptop. Did you do this on your cell phone. Why would we have to leave the laptop on to see the smart tv.

It’s a pain, but it can work: to have Hulu Live work, you have to contact Hulu customer support (I recommend the chat option but get a person not the chatbot). They have to contact second tier tech to associate your current IP with your current location. And when you have a power cut, or T-Mobile reset for any reason, you do it all over. Best is 10 minutes, worst is over an hour. And I’ve had to do this three times a week on occasion. Welcome to Hulu Live and T-Mobile home.