Question

If I don't have a Smartphone...

• 28 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

how do I set up T-Mobile Home Internet (other than using the Web GUI 192.168.12.1)?

6 replies

The HINT Control app available on Google Play Store runs on my Chromebook unlike the T-Mobile app. It does the sort of things the T-M app does but it’s a beta version currently and buggy. I did get some use out of it and hope for more. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

You might try running BlueStacks on your PC...it can run a lot of the android apps, but not sure about TM Internet.

I don’t have a tablet either. Too bad the TM app won’t download and run on my laptop. Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Window 11 machines can run android apps, so there is that option.  Or use a tablet.  Go to a coffee shop, download the TM app, and go home and connect with the router.  Or maybe borrow a friend's phone if you only want to do the initial set-up.

I don’t have a smartphone either but did manage to get online with the 5G Gateway. There are functions on the app that I need. It won’t download to my Chromebook. When I go to 192.168.12.1 there does not seem to be any way to access setup and network functions. There is little more than a blurb telling me to get the app. Short of buying a smartphone is there any other way to access the app’s functionality? Doing so via this URL would suit me fine if there’s a way to do it. Thank you to anyone who can help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello @Springbok2 The T-Mobile Home Internet gateways can only be set up by using the T-Mobile Internet app or the web GUI. We have lots of steps and tutorials listed on our support site in case you would like to check them out. https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/getting-started-with-t-mobile-home-internet

I may be able to help you further if you give me a bit more information. Are you running into an issue with the setup on the app or web, or was there something else you were looking for that you aren’t finding?