Lost Internet 3 times already (starting from 11:30PM CDT). Noticed issue with internal battery or some firmware update?

• 6 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

This may be a silly question, but do you have the device plugged in? They have a small internal battery that gives enough juice to move the device around during the initial setup. Once you find its ideal place in the home, you should plug it in with the provided power cord. If it is plugged in, you may want to double check that there are no issues with the cord like breaks or loose ends. Next, I would try plugging it into another outlet just to eliminate that as a possible issue. 

Badge

This may be a silly question, but do you have the device plugged in? 

if device wasn’t plugged in, how I would have make this photo with 0% charge on it? if I unplug device it goes off immediately.

issue fixed by itself, not related to the battery, but seems tmobile did some tweaks that caused Internet connection issues 5! times per hour

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

This may be a silly question, but do you have the device plugged in? 

if device wasn’t plugged in, how I would have make this photo with 0% charge on it? if I unplug device it goes off immediately.

issue fixed by itself, not related to the battery, but seems T-Mobile did some tweaks that caused Internet connection issues 5! times per hour

That is why I said it may be a silly question. Most devices will tell you zero battery if they have no charge and you push the power button. You could be like the Flash and taken a quick picture in that scenario. Do you have any other devices connected to the gateway like routers, mesh networks, or fans? We recommend disconnecting those and allowing the gateway to charge for 30 minutes to see if that message goes away. If you are still getting the message that the internal battery is 0% after that, you will want to Contact our customer support team to talk about next steps. 

Losing connection that many times in an hour would drive me up the wall. It sounds like this has been fixed on its own, so I am happy to hear that.