Solved

n41 band showing inconsistent speeds

• 19 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge

I have been having this problem for a little while now and I can't figure out what is causing it. Whenever I am connected to the n41 band and I run speed tests on Ookla and I am connected to a t mobile server, it almost always gives me readings of over 100mbps download and over 5mbps upload. The thing is if I test on any other speed test website, it shows me readings anywhere from 10-30 mbps download and 1-3mbps upload even with my Xbox one. Not to mention that I also have a high packet loss a lot of the time and I don't get why. Does anyone know what could be causing this?🤔

icon

Best answer by RPA 21 March 2024, 00:41

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have been having this problem for a little while now and I can't figure out what is causing it. Whenever I am connected to the n41 band and I run speed tests on Ookla and I am connected to a t mobile server, it almost always gives me readings of over 100mbps download and over 5mbps upload. The thing is if I test on any other speed test website, it shows me readings anywhere from 10-30 mbps download and 1-3mbps upload even with my Xbox one. Not to mention that I also have a high packet loss a lot of the time and I don't get why. Does anyone know what could be causing this?🤔

Do you have the “G4AR” Gateway? 

Badge

Do you have the “G4AR” Gateway? 

Yes I do

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Speedtest.net isn't the best way to judge your devices performance on your TMHI.  Most service providers have special conditions set on the back end to make sure their services look the best they can, which is not reflective of a real world experience. 

This isn't all on the servuce provider though.  Connecting to slower servers or further sway can introduce latency and reduce speeds.  There are so many variables with internet traffic, including how busy a particular website is at the time.  The service provider provides the service.  Your experience on the internet will always vary.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Provide the Advanced Cellular Matrix. ON mine under 5G which is what I’m connected and service, its all Excellent Status.

Badge

This is it. By the way I know they aren't great because I normally get 2 bars, sometimes 3. But it often gives me a reading of over 100 mbps on ookla

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Ok from what I found online with the numbers.

RSRQ: - 10, -9, -8...so on is Excellent so as the numbers go down the better

RSRP: - 89, -88, -87...so on is Excellent so as the numbers go down the better

SINR: 11, 12, 13 and up is Excellent so as the numbers go UP the better

Band N41: Maximum Speed Band

So you can go from here and see the numbers and compare to yours where the bottleneck is.

If you have to use  Ookla, use the App vs the Browser connection and Ethernet connection to your gateway.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Oops i meant - 80, -79, -78 is excellent and so on