Question

Netflix network check

• 8 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

When I test the speed on my TV Netflix app my speed rates at 10mbps or less though my speed check speeds go over 200, on AT&T 50 dsl I would get 20 & I thought THAT was slow, one of the reasons I went for this plan was to resolve this & it’s worse I would like to watch 4k content & 10mbps is not enough is there any way to improve this???
My connection is wired ethernet BTW not wifi. 

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Do you have the Arcaydia gateway?  If your firmware got updated to 1.00.18, your may be running on LTE only.  You would know this if the gateway does not have 5G on the upper left.  Call 611 and tell them to put in a ticket to ‘engineering’ to fix and give you a month of Service Credit for the inconvenience.  Took them a week and mine is running at around 100mbps now.

Badge

No, 5G Gateway N1 (“trashcan”) not sure of the firmware version, I’m not at home.
100mbps in Netflix speed test or web? I’m testing 301/12.70 mbps on web test right now but my Anydesk call home is more laggy than my old 45/5.8 mbps repackaged AT&T dsl plan with zero background activity. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

If you do not access to the gateway to check, not sure anyone can help you.  Have you called 611 to talk to Tech Support yet?