Question

No 5G signal after firmware updated to 100.18 arcadyan gateway

• 28 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

Had T-mobile home internet for about a month now.  it was working great with speeds 120 down 40 up.  Today I noticed 40s down, 1.5m up. Looked at advanced cellular metrics and noticed there is no longer a 5G signal. Firmware has been updated to 1.00.18 from 1.00.16.  Tried restarting the gateway and still 40ish down,  up improved to 3 up.  Anywthing else to check??  My connection status was always at “very good,” though now it says “excellent”.  Speeds are hardly “excellent” now compared to whay it’s been.  Any suggestions to try?  This would happen just after i cancelled my cable. ugh.  

9 replies

Badge

It seems that the update to 1.00.18 has been problematic for a lot of customers.  No concerns when my gateway updated so I guess I’m one of the lucky ones.  Try a factory reset.  If this doesn’t work, contact TM. Don’t wait on hold.  Request a call back when offered.

I’ve had the unlimited service for a month now and plan on waiting at least one more month before cutting the Comcast cord.  Say what you will about Xfinity but at least my service has been 99% reliable and is vastly superior to AT&T’s awful DSL which I stubbornly kept for way too long.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Agree with junior82

Userlevel 2
Badge

Starting a few weeks ago I noticed my gateway all of the sudden started performing extremely poorly (.5mpbs down, 5 up). I checked and the firmware is 1.00.18. This probably explains alot. Does TMobile provide a way to rollback firmware updates?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I was getting very poor speed today, checked firmware, I was updated to 1.00.18 and download was 1 mbps. Rebooted gateway and now it is 4 mbps. :(

Checked advanced cellular metrics and 5G is indeed off.

CSR did a device refresh and had me power off then power on the gateway.  Same thing.  LTE connected but 5G is not.  Want me to wait 24 hr to see if it magically improves. LOL

Badge

My Arc unit just updated to 1.00.18 today, I haven’t noticed any changes in speed yet.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

T-Mobile expert called me back, internet is still slow and 5G still looks turned off.  They are still insisting it is a ‘local network issue’ despite my phone working fine on 5G and give Engineering 7 days to try and fix it.

Badge

I'm thinking that the network is telling routers in urban areas to move to LTE since TMHI is the bottom of the barrel on service delivery prioritization. That way, the 5GUC / 5G provides better experience for phone/tablet users. Moving the TMHI to LTE frees up that spectrum and may help provide incentive for LTE phone users to move to 5G for a better experience. I figure that most things are deliberate because it works for someone.

After the recent f/w update, I'm stuck on LTE, B66 and 12 (of course LTE and NR bands will vary by market). I've tried factory reset and SIM removal, to no avail. I'm blanketed in 5 bars of 5GUC on B41 throughout my entire home and 5G (in the very center of my home) on my 14 Pro Max.

Badge

I'm thinking that the network is telling routers in urban areas to move to LTE since TMHI is the bottom of the barrel on service delivery prioritization. That way, the 5GUC / 5G provides better experience for phone/tablet users. Moving the TMHI to LTE frees up that spectrum and may help provide incentive for LTE phone users to move to 5G for a better experience. I figure that most things are deliberate because it works for someone.

After the recent f/w update, I'm stuck on LTE, B66 and 12 (of course LTE and NR bands will vary by market). I've tried factory reset and SIM removal, to no avail. I'm blanketed in 5 bars of 5GUC on B41 throughout my entire home and 5G (in the very center of my home) on my 14 Pro Max.

that sounds very plausible.  Clearly the update gimps the gateway in certain areas and not others apparently.  I was on bands 66/41.  After update RSRP and SINR improved, but speeds are crawling compared to what it was prior firmware update. guess i’ll stick it out til i qualify as a cable “new customer” again.  Thanks for everyones input.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I had my cable internet for years without issue, just very occasional outages.  Cable internet companies are bashing these 5G home internet as subpar, T-Mobile is proving their point.

Sagecomm gateway has great speed but problem with VPN.

Arcadiya is slower and has problem being let on 5G after update to 1.00.18.

Is the Nokia gateway fully functional?