Question

No connection, white X in yellow circle

• 9 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have had no connection for over 24 hours. I have rebooted, unplugged, and factory reset my tower and there has been no change. This is the 4th time this has happened in just over a year. I rely on this internet for my work since I live rurally, and customer service has been no help. Does anyone here have any solution(s)? Should I have my tower replaced?

4 replies

Did you get your gateway resolved?  I have had perfect service until Friday evening when the same yellow circle with white X appeared. Contacted support and they promptly sent me a new Gateway. No cigar! the new gateway has the same problem. Now waiting for another gateway.

Did you get your gateway resolved?  I have had perfect service until Friday evening when the same yellow circle with white X appeared. Contacted support and they promptly sent me a new Gateway. No cigar! the new gateway has the same problem. Now waiting for another gateway.

Having the same issue, on replacement gateway #2 and still not connecting 

Well, after the second replacement that failed with the same problem (yellow circle with white X), T-Mobile sent me a different gateway called the KVD. This one worked. In fact, so far it seems to be a lot better than the silver Nokia. Anyhow, now I have two broken Nokia’s to send back to T-Mobile. Good luck with your issue.

My Nokia “lost connection” the morning of 10/04/2022 (yesterday) during a troubleshooting session with tech support for SLOW speeds the past 2 months. I could not revive my Nokia after many reboots and resets, etc. T-Mobile’s excuse was “tower upgrade” causing a lost registration and should be fixed soon….blah, blah, blah. Anyway, I suspected the worst and convinced support that the unit had died, even though it had been connecting without incident for 9 months. I also requested NOT to get another Nokia because I heard the T-Mobile Arcadyan KVD21 High-Speed Internet Gateway used different frequencies and I hoped these frequencies would fix my sudden connection problem (i.e. I suspected T-Mobile changed something on the network and my Nokia may still be alive). Fortunately, they gave me one of the two “black boxes” (Arcadyan), I registered it in the store, went home, placed in the same spot as my Nokia, it connected perfectly and now my signal is 4-bars instead of 3-bars and my speeds at increased form 20-30 down to 200 down (10 times). To be fair and important to note, I was getting these better speeds with my Nokia 2 months ago, so I still suspect that T-Mobile “tweaked their network” to the Nokia’s detriment. I whish I new the true story.