Question

T-Mobile Home Internet 5G NOT USABLE / slow upload speed in Dallas, TX

• 30 April 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge

This is frustrating the slower speeds, inconstant.

T-Mobile Home Internet 5G is not so 5G

When got the T-Mobile service I was hoping to be able to get rid of Spectrum, but if my upload speed does not improve I guess I will have to try ATT.

I literally down the street from cell tower (end of the block). that shows to 5G available but I still do not seem to connect to it.

9 replies

Badge

Userlevel 2
Badge

you’re not alone.  I’m in the mid-cities, and 5G NR is really bad here.

what bands are you connecting to?

I’m usually always B2/N71, and it is not good at all.

Badge

you’re not alone.  I’m in the mid-cities, and 5G NR is really bad here.

what bands are you connecting to?

I’m usually always B2/N71, and it is not good at all.

I am connecting to B2/N41

i stay on the n71/b66 and its fairly decent with about 60down 15up with around 35-150ms ping. it disconnects every once in a while and i have to restart it to get it to be stable again. also dc and resets back to the n41 network which is complete garbage. n41 download is really good but connection is very unstable. the ping of the n41 network goes over 2000ms not joking and thats just disgusting. they really need to work on their networks specially the n41 band or just get rid of sprints bad towers. overall its decent to have but id rather have verizon home 5g if they ever come to my area.

This is frustrating the slower speeds, inconstant.

T-Mobile Home Internet 5G is not so 5G

When got the T-Mobile service I was hoping to be able to get rid of Spectrum, but if my upload speed does not improve I guess I will have to try ATT.

I literally down the street from cell tower (end of the block). that shows to 5G available but I still do not seem to connect to it.

I have similar coverage issues with TMobile. All it takes for them is to have additional towers or go mini towers to improve coverage. I'm really surprised they would provide me 2mbps as 5g upload speed which is useless paying for the 5g services.

Verizon is the best. I'm seriously thinking about switching. I will give it another quarter for TMobile to fix their network.. please don't reply to me without fixing my issue, T-Mobile. Thanks

B2/B66 etc is your uplink ONLY through 4g/LTE. Your N71 is downlink ONLY! If no 5g endpoint, it will run from 4g/LTE only. If both primary and secondary are connected, hence B2 and/or n41/n71. 

Keep in mind this is how they are doing it until complete rollout of multiple bands and old wi-max towers are pulled down/repurposed.

Badge

B2/B66 etc is your uplink ONLY through 4g/LTE. Your N71 is downlink ONLY! If no 5g endpoint, it will run from 4g/LTE only. If both primary and secondary are connected, hence B2 and/or n41/n71. 

Keep in mind this is how they are doing it until complete rollout of multiple bands and old wi-max towers are pulled down/repurposed.

Yes but people across the forum are saying 4g lte is better vs the newer, beta 5g.

I live not far from the 5G tower only get 2 bar signal and upload is basically 1-3 MBPS not the promised 6-35 in which they changed to 6-23 now shady af. I don’t really need monstrous upload but I need at least 10 up I was averaging 3-6 but it’s steadily getting worse. I hope it improves soon I like the non intrusive internet. 

I  wasn't interested in their home internet because of their slow cell phone speed. I will stick with fiber optic reliable upload/download from Fios. 

Can’t find anyone online/on phone/on pigeon post at T-Mobile who can help me return the Gateway box and get me out of the infernal billing system that has now billed me for the last three months for home internet and two phone lines that have never been used, never been linked never provided any type of service.

have been on the “care team” number twice for an hour each time, talking to people in the Philippines who cannot help me and tell me I need to go to a T-Mobile store to sort this out. I have been to my nearest T-Mobile store twice, waited in long queues and then been told that I need to call the “care team” people in the Philippines.

it’s a virtuous circle of plausible deniability with nobody taking responsibility.