Question

T-Mobile Home Internet advertise minimum 50mbps speeds but I'm getting less than one.

• 31 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

I understand that the technology isn’t perfect and some people are going to have issues.  That being said, my address was verified both by the website and the staff at my local t-mobile store before I bought it.  I called a couple of weeks ago and was told that the tower I am connected to was having maintenance done, but was scheduled to be completed actually that night (the night I called them).  I woke up and checked it the next day.  Same issue.  I gave them the benefit of the doubt and figured maybe the maintenance had gone on longer than expected, but here we are - two weeks later - same problem.  I would care a lot less if the speed was at least up to par with DSL, but this is almost like me giving T-Mobile free money for no reason. Carriers need to find a way to actually verify that the service they are advertising will actually be effective at the address that they say it will, and stop with the false advertising.  Give a free trial or something and let the customer see that they are experiencing what is advertised.  Thankfully I got this on a free 1 month promotion, so I am likely to take the thing back. I’m not paying $50 a month for .5-1.5mbps internet.  T-Mobile, will you find out what the issue is and fix it before I take the gateway back to my local T-Mobile store within the next couple of days ?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

T-Mobile Home Internet advertise minimum 50mbps speeds but I'm getting less than one.

Did you try to relocate the gateway to get the best signal, as explained in the manual, page 10?

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/public-files/attachments/T-Mobile%20High-Speed%20Internet%20Gateway%20End%20User%20Guide.pdf

Badge

I have plugged the gateway into every single outlet in my house and re-positioned it countless times.  Never more than two bars of signal, and the secondary (5g) in the settings connected once for like 15 seconds in the time since I brought it home.  Then why is my address available for the service according to the coverage maps ?

This is on T-Mobile, not me.