Question

TMobile Internet app problem

• 28 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

After installation WiFi, Internet, Hulu TV, Ooma phone were working. I opened the app to see which devices were connected. Even though the Gateway showed 6 devices, the app did not show any. I re-installed the Gateway, but the app said that the initialization failed, however, everything I listed above is working. Now when I try to enter the app I get a message that my Gateway is not initialized and has to be set-up again. I’ve gone through the set-up again and at the end it says that the initialization failed, but again, everything is still working. I have deleted the app from my iPhone and reinstalled it but still get the same results.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@CaseyC Just to confirm that your internet access is working, but you can’t see the attached devices using your iPhone app? 

I believe the “initialization failed” message comes from the app - it is programmed to go through a series of steps. If the gateway is alwaeady working, the program will assume there is an error. 

I think you have taken all of the reasonable troubleshooting efforts. I would suggest that you make one more effort to “reset” your gateway, remove the T-MOBILE app and restart your phone and then reinstall the app, and then try the setup process again. 

Let us know the results.

Badge

Thanks for the response.

After I posted the above, I deleted the app and did a factory reset on the Gateway (I hadn’t done that before). The initialization process finished without errors and the app now shows all my devices. Previously, during the setup process, I only changed the Network name and password. This time I also changed the admin password. Don’t know if that had anything to do with it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@CaseyC thanks for letting us know. When you identify a fix, please mark it with a “like” so that others on the forum can benefit from your experience. 

Thanks!