Solved

Unable to login as administrator at 192.168.12.1

Badge

Unable to login as administrator at 192.168.12.1 from connected home computer.  When I type in the address it does give me system status etc. But I recall when I setup the gateway I was able to logion as an administrator and see data usage and other things that I could not see in the app.  I have logged out of the app so there would be no conflict.

Has something changed in the last month or so on gateway login from the IP address?

icon

Best answer by iTinkeralot 28 August 2022, 11:16

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The Arcadyan gateway firmware probably has updated resulting in the change. Download the mobile application from the respective phone store to manage it. 

I'm having same issue, no admin capabilities with the app or browser.. Other forums, also seem to indicate a bad firmware release. I'm currently running 1.00.16  Guess I'll wait for the fix..  Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Well, that could be the case. Software/firmware issues do surface when delivery is rushed and the code is not tested thoroughly. 

Sounds like we've both been there!

Have a great day...  

Badge

Thanks for info.  I have the black rectangular gateway. And as a previous post said I confirmed the firmware is 1.00.16. 
 I thought it was odd because I know I had access to it when I set up the gateway originally. 

I need to set t-mobile router to 2.4 mhz. Help

Badge

You might try Nader tater videos online he has some tips. On different things that can be done.  I used his info to turn off the wifi on mine so I could use a router.  

For anybody wondering, I just spoke with support and they confirmed that the admin feature was intentionally crippled on ALL their home internet devices. No more admin access. I’m canceling now...

For anybody wondering, I just spoke with support and they confirmed that the admin feature was intentionally crippled on ALL their home internet devices. No more admin access. I’m canceling now...

Based on recent experiences, I’d like to do the same. I’m getting constant disconnects within my home, and the network simply doesn’t seem as stable internally as it used to. The signal it pulls in is fine, but in using my home cloud and such, it’s dragging badly. I swore off AT&T and promised myself I’d never get their fiber service, but that might be the way to go. There are a lot of apartments around me, and I need to change the frequency channel from time to time to ensure clear communication. There seems to be no way to do that now. I can only assume someone must have tried to tinker with their system or something. I don’t know why else they’d lock out the paying end user.

Badge

Is there any way without “admin” to change the wifi transmission code from their new standard ax/g BACK to b/g/n settings?

Constant daily drops of all internet wifi connected devices.

Resetting our hvac system everyday because of this is a no go!