Question

Unreliable Gateway

• 5 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

My gateway just rebooted again today for no reason. How does T-Mobile not fix these issues?? The service at my location is great if the gateway would simply stay connected. I really want to love this service but it feels like it’s simply not ready for prime time.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I am going to take a wild guess and say you have a Sagemcon gateway. I have seen a number of conversations where users have had the same problem. It seems to be a power related issue. If there does not appear to be any local power issues it probably is the gateway. I have seen a few users that complained that they had to get more than one replacement before the behavior was resolved. It seems to be a problem that has crept into some of the Sagemcon gateways. If you have an Arcadyan Gateway I suppose it could still be a power related issue but you should contact support and have a conversation or take it to a local T-Mobile store and discuss it with them and try to get a replacement if it is a persistent problem.

Badge

You are correct, this is the second gateway I’ve had and I thought this one had solved the problem for me. I am hoping this is not the start to another pattern. I feel like it must be firmware related as well since people report problems with reboots across all the different models. Nokia has a history of building good hardware and even those get the random reboots. Eventually I will lose patience and just switch carriers if it’s not fixed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

For the record, I have the Arcadyan KVD21 5G Gateway for T-Mobile Internet and don't have that problem. Can you ask Tech Support for a different brand gateway? The wireless transmission on the gateway is top notch, very similar to the TP-Link AX50 router I was running prior to switching to T-Mobile.

Badge

I might do that, but this would gateway #3 for me. My father has the Arcadyan and has reported no issues at his house so far. I think the Sagemcomm has the most issues but at some point I will need to give up if I can’t get a reliable gateway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I saw a recent user with the Sagemcon and he was on the 5th one before he got one that stayed stable. I think there must have been a build run with some components that were out of spec or just faulty. I suppose it might have a software component to the problem but not all of them have that problem. If it was a software issue only I think the problem would be broader.