Question

What I think after months of service home internet

• 3 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Well after about 4 months of service I have pretty much the same review as many of you.

I’m grandfathered into the $50 a month so was hoping it would work out BUT the service is VERY UNRELIABLE , its also NOT CONSISTENT and at some times I might see 30 megs down and .2  up which is terrible for up with lots of latency and yet other times I might get 1-3 mg down with 3 mgs up, quite crazy… It seems to have a SLOWNESS that I just get grasp and no matter where I place the unit, no matter if its sunny, cloudy, raining its NEVER reliable. I was hoping they would get the kinks worked out but my hope is fading fast. My home DSL is not fast but it is consistent and reliable where T-Mobile home internet is NOT. Whoever did their 5G map does not know what they are talking about because even though I’m in the heart of the 5G map, I don’t think the unit has ever been getting that speed, even after restarting rebooting or anything else . They also have a HUGE problem with the website for many users that cannot log into there accounts to view status and other features online , they said this would be fixed BUT again it is NOT.  I was really hoping that this would work out but I may have to just into another service such as cable or even try the Verizon home unit that is out now. T- MOBILE I hope your hearing this because many of us are just not happy I have a feeling this is something that might die off after a while… Very disappointed in T- Mobile…. Your Customer!

2 replies

Badge

Agree and they don’t seem to care. They are clearly over subscribed on the tower near my house or jacking with the data prioritization. I get .7mb after 1700 down load but upload never drops below 7mb. At 2 am I can get close to 20 down on good days.  They are our only internet option but now its not even worth 50 dollars.  

Same problem here. The service was actually fine for the first couple months, but I guess additional folks joined in our area since performance has gone completely south during peak times. I’ve been seeing numbers like in this image (CenturyLink has a speed tester I used since I was there to switch service providers anyway). Just terrible. I wouldn’t recommend to an enemy, the latency says 43ms ping but it varies between 40 and 2000 ms constantly most of the time.