Question

WLN 202

• 21 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Every morning at 9:00am I am dropping my internet. The error message I get is WLN 202. It says I must restart the modem. 

I work from home and this is making me drop calls and takes about 10 minutes to get logged back into everything. 

I called tech support but they had nothing specific to tell me and I’m still having issues.

Anyone else having issues?

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Interesting. I am not experiencing this issue. Your quickest course of action may be to take it to your local T-Mobile store and ask for an exchange unit. Maybe a firmware upgrade snafu? 

Good luck!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Just a thought as I have seen it before. Do you have a surge protector on your modem? (if not, get one) Anything else on that power plug? At 9:00am do you have a pool pump turn on? Maybe a heater on a timer? Anything that might cause a surge, spike or drop in current? It’s a web interface bug, but T-Mobile really has no clue how to solve it. It seems to be attached to their firm wear updates. They will blame it on a "Network issue or outage" among other things. Some excuses could be spot on, others made up to get us off the phone. One CSR suggested it it is the internal power supply of the modem itself. Which would call for it getting swapped out at the T-Moble Store.

Hope you can sort it out. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Great points, Thurman. I added a UPS to mine, so when we have minor power outages, my gateway stays on and provides the house with Internet access. I am using the APC model from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085JJZDFK

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I concur with GThurman’s response. Make T-Mobile swap out the gateway and see if that solves your problem. If it doesn't, then you have to put your detective hat on and try and find something that’s happening that would cause a disruption in your WiFi signal.

Start with swapping out the gateway.