Solved

ACP Program

• 25 February 2022
  • 13 replies

Badge

Why isn’t T-Mobile participating in ACP?  T-Mobile was participating in the EBB program why not the new ACP program (Affordable Connectivity Program). I do not want to switch my account to Metro or Assurance Wireless to get the ACP program. I have T-Mobile Home Internet.

icon

Best answer by PolarSkizo 27 February 2022, 02:35

View original

13 replies

It's possible that they may allow it in the future, but for now only MetroPCS customers seem to qualify for ACP. They even recently launched home internet on February 24th, 2022 and the gateway is $99.99 (Arcadyan model) without a credit check.

If you apply the $30 discount, the service would be cheaper; a phone line is required unfortunately for you to be able to obtain home internet service with MetroPCS.

Badge
  • PolarSkizo thanks for the info. But I only pay $50 with T-mobile now and it would cost me more to go with MetroPCS at $55 plus the cost of a phone line that is required. I am guessing it would cost me a total of about $90 to $100 to go with MetroPCS and the $30 off for using ACP and I am still going pay more than the $50 with T-mobile.

• Anyway, thanks again for your help & info.

• PolarSkizo thanks for the info. But I only pay $50 with T-mobile now and it would cost me more to go with MetroPCS at $55 plus the cost of a phone line that is required. I am guessing it would cost me a total of about $90 to $100 to go with MetroPCS and the $30 off for using ACP and I am still going pay more than the $50 with T-mobile.

• Anyway, thanks again for your help & info.

From what I was told, by the District manager at my (former job) Metro store in San Diego, he said the cost of the internet would be $20 with Autopay + ACP; the cheapest phone plan, unfortunately will likely be $40 a month for 10GB of data unless a rep is able to swing you their old legacy plan that was $40 for Unlimited Talk, text, data (no hotspot, Google one or Amazon Prime) bringing the cost close to $80-90 a month but for that legacy plan, they'll need to call MetroDSG.

If you still prefer to stay with T-Mobile, that's okay. The $50 plan is a little pricey but no voice lines are required and there's a lot of companies now that operate under the T-Mobile network which offer Multi Month discounts (Mint Mobile, for example) or another carrier that is forced to offer you lifeline benefits/discounts is TracFone, now owned by Verizon but still obligated to operate under T-Mobile and AT&T service (for the time being as well.)

Best of luck my friend :)

Badge

Thanks for the info and your help.

Userlevel 1

I'm extraordinarily mad about this whole ordeal and after seven months of empty promises, untruths, false assurances, etc trying to get T-mobile to accept my EBB eligibility, I filed a complaint with the FCC. 

All I have is home internet with T-Mobile, and I was promised that I would get my EBB transferred from Xfinity to TMobile when I switched. It never happened. I called every single month since August 2021 and was promised I'd see the discount applied within 1-2 billing cycles and that it would "be worth the wait." I'm still waiting. From what I was told when I called a week ago, I'll wait forever because they aren't giving anyone ACP. I was told I have to go to Assurance. I don't want to go to Assurance! If I had wanted to go to Assurance, I would have signed up with them to begin with!

Listen to me, T-mobile. I've recommended you to countless people. I've sung your praises to everyone for a long time.       

That stops NOW. I feel betrayed. Believe me when I tell you that I'll take you to the mat on this. You've acted unethically. You NEED TO MAKE THIS RIGHT.

Userlevel 1

One last thing, (as I watch the spinning circle on my tv that tells me my home internet is down for the 5th time in a week)....

When companies are relatively small (T-Mobile) compared to the bigger fish in the pond (Verizon), they work extra hard and go the extra mile to make their customers happy and draw in more consumers.

I've noticed that once the small fish starts to gain in popularity, their egos start to expand and their objectives begin to change. They become more focused on financial gain and greed then they are on consumer satisfaction.

Please don't become another Verizon or another Xfinity. 

Very surprised that T-Mobile is not participating in the affordable connectivity program. Seems like a no brainer to me! I would suspect it will cost them some business, perhaps they feel that ACP customers don’t fit the customer profile they are after.

Userlevel 2

I'm extraordinarily mad about this whole ordeal and after seven months of empty promises, untruths, false assurances, etc trying to get T-mobile to accept my EBB eligibility, I filed a complaint with the FCC. 

All I have is home internet with T-Mobile, and I was promised that I would get my EBB transferred from Xfinity to TMobile when I switched. It never happened. I called every single month since August 2021 and was promised I'd see the discount applied within 1-2 billing cycles and that it would "be worth the wait." I'm still waiting. From what I was told when I called a week ago, I'll wait forever because they aren't giving anyone ACP. I was told I have to go to Assurance. I don't want to go to Assurance! If I had wanted to go to Assurance, I would have signed up with them to begin with!

Listen to me, T-mobile. I've recommended you to countless people. I've sung your praises to everyone for a long time.       

That stops NOW. I feel betrayed. Believe me when I tell you that I'll take you to the mat on this. You've acted unethically. You NEED TO MAKE THIS RIGHT.

I agree 💯

ACP said that tmobile did the ebb thing. Well this is upsetting t find out that they don’t. Welll Hope it changes soon because this gas price and food tax and plus the andemic and the war.. We are all stressed and dont have to money for extra.. So please have mercy in us humans! We are just trying to get by as best we can! TMOBILE I know you can step up in a BIG WAY. Hey to all my people lets make a chain thanking and asking for them to go back to ebb for those who really need it. Maybe we can get enough votes they might think abour it! Thanks everyone. And to TMOBILE for the inter net and cell phones and the hospitality. 

What a farce!!  2 days of talking, chatting and three trips to T-Mobile & Metro.  Was told by cust ser on phone and in store, no problem.  After signing up for Gateway at T-Mobile, was told to call cust. ser. to set up ACP.  etc etc etc.  Can only use ACP with Metro cause T-Mobile is not participating.  To use at Metro you must have cell service too.   REDICULOUS  NOT A GOOD CUST SER EXPERIENCE at all.

What a farce!!  2 days of talking, chatting and three trips to T-Mobile & Metro.  Was told by cust ser on phone and in store, no problem.  After signing up for Gateway at T-Mobile, was told to call cust. ser. to set up ACP.  etc etc etc.  Can only use ACP with Metro cause T-Mobile is not participating.  To use at Metro you must have cell service too.   REDICULOUS  NOT A GOOD CUST SER EXPERIENCE at all.

What a disappointment. I’ve always trusted T-Mobile and it’s customer service. And really unethical. T-Mobile is on the Government’s list that they will provide access to ACP. I tried the Metro phone # and the Assurance phone #, but because I don’t do business with them I wasn’t able to talk to anybody about what services they offer, let alone how to access ACP. I really don’t want to change services, but I guess I will research other internet companies and see if they are as unethical in their statements as T-Mobile is. Really poor customer service and relations by T-Mobile. I guess old people, veterans and people doing their best to make ends meet are an anathema to T-Mobile. I thought you were better than that!

Badge

I just got off an hour phone call with T-Mobile thinking that it would be easy to get my ACP discount only find out I needed to cancel my T-Mobile internet and go to a Metro store (which there aren’t any in Hawaii) and pay for internet service with Metro.  I also just found out that customers say you need to sign up for phone service with them, which I can’t because I am financing my phone with T-Mobile and you can’t leave without paying off your phone.

T-Mobile is falsely advertising that they participate in the ACP program so people sign on with them and then the customer finds out that they in fact can’t get the ACP benefit with T-Mobile.

Is t mobile fleecing the government with the false narrative that they are accepting the ACP?  Are they getting tax exemptions for acting like they accept the ACP customers when in fact they are giving everyone the run around?

I canceled my Spectrum internet and my ACP benefit with them just to switch to T-Mobile because they advertised that they accept the ACP discount, only to find that the way they have it set up, you don’t actually get a discount when you apply for phone and internet through Metro.  I think they are ripping off the government this way.

Can someone report them or have this issue investigated? I will also see what I can do.  Maybe the first place to start is making a complaint to the FCC people that give out the verification to people that they qualify.  I hope they get sued for this practice.  A lot of people are getting very frustrated.

Seems to violate at least the spirit of the ACP program by forcing people to buy cell service.