Question

Good Service Gone Bad

• 9 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I was very happy with my T-Mobile home Internet service when I first signed up for it last year. However during the summer I experienced drop outs and slow speeds. It’s taking me nearly 5 months of troubleshooting with T-Mobile, but the best they can do is tell me is that there is congestion and they need to expand the towers. The service right now is unusable if you need a reliable network in my area. Constant dropouts, lost Zoom meetings, I have no idea when it will work. I will likely be leaving this network, I wanted it to work, but T-mobile oversubscribed and now it simply is garbage service. Took me hours of calls to customer support and 3 routers for them finally admit they don’t have the capacity to handle a reliable connection. Wish they had been honest and upfront instead of putting me through all the time and effort. 

4 replies

Yup, same here. I’m just not sure how they are prioritizing traffic for their 15-day trial customers. We signed up, it worked great for about 6 weeks, and now it has frequent intermittent latency, and throughput down in the single digits for both upload and download. Get this, their techs have been told to inform people “there is a tower down in your area” though they start to sound a little unsure when you ask them why the tower has been down for weeks… they simply oversubscribed their service and now they are lying to customers to try and keep them on board a little longer.

I pity the early adopters. They had good service at one point, but now it is terrible. This is in northwest Portland, Oregon, by the way.

Same here. When I did the free 15 day trial I was getting over 300mbps. I just checked in now at 2pm and I’m getting just over 39mbps. Last night I was getting 10.1mbps. I called my local T-Mobile store and then blamed in all on the weather! As soon as I can I’m moving back over to Cox, at least there I got the speed I was paying for all the time.

Badge +1

These are the kinds of posts -- and there are many like them -- that makes me wary of the service. I am still going to sign up for the 15-day trial, so I can see for myself. I hope for the best.  But unlike many others, I will not be suffering through months of lousy service or spending countless hours on the phone with some junior tech "expert." An occasional issue or slow-down is to be expected. But I can't afford to be dead in the water for hours daily. I personally would move back to broadband quickly if it becomes clear the 5g Internet service is unstable in my home. YMMV.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

It’s really too bad that the suits at T-Mobile and the in-house techs (not the offshore CSR’s) don’t visit these posts. They set it all up then just walked away. We are talking to dead air (other than each other).  Wish someone from T-Mobile would peek in here and see how mad people are and then do something about it. 😡