Question

Remoplus S doorbell camera (only) stopped working after moving to Tmobile home internet

• 25 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello...I recently converted to T-Mobile Home Internet and am having one annoying issue.  My Remoplus S doorbell works normally EXCEPT there’s no video at all anymore.  I get notifications when there’s movement or the bell is rung but the video always comes up missing. 

I’ve tried to reboot, reset everything multiple times with no success. Given the notifications are coming across that means the device is successfully hooked up.  As only the video is impacted, I suspect T-Mobile is blocking some needed port/protocol.  Anyone with advice on this issue?

Thanks...Jeff

2 replies

So we just switched to T- mobile home internet as well and had this same exact issue. After some messing around with the settings I finally got our Remo (s) doorbell to work with tmobile home internet. Under your Remo device settings at the very bottom where it says "connection mode" switch that to quality priority and it starts working again. I have no idea why this setting makes it work but glad I figured it out! 

Also I'm not sure if this is a factor but I have both the 2.4 ghz signal and 5 ghz signal broadcasting from the tmobile router. To do this just go to your T-Mobile Home Internet app, go to the network tab to let out use both frequencies. You might have to do this from a laptop instead of the app. I can't remember if it let's you do this from the app but this should do the trick. 

I was having the same issue and I tried the suggestion “Under your Remo device settings at the very bottom where it says "connection mode" switch that to quality priority and it starts working again” and it worked once I logged out and logged back in again.

Thanks.