Question

Slow, really extremely, consistently slow internet

• 9 November 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

5:45pm on a Monday night and my Tmob download speed is 0.25 mbps. Streaming drops out every few seconds. It stays this slow until around 11pm, when it goes up to 25 mbps . Reminds me of how slow Genie dial-up internet was back in the 1990s. When is Tmob going to provide usable service that is halfway as good as cable? 

8 replies

Losing my mind! Lost if on Friday and am still out

5:45pm on a Monday night and my Tmob download speed is 0.25 mbps. Streaming drops out every few seconds. It stays this slow until around 11pm, when it goes up to 25 mbps . Reminds me of how slow Genie dial-up internet was back in the 1990s. When is Tmob going to provide usable service that is halfway as good as cable? 

Everything I can find on this shows that Tmobile home internet customers get the Lowest priority on cell towers. Effectively cannot use the internet at all except from 2am to 6am while most people are asleep. Even with good connection to the cell tower my latency is so high, unable to keep connections with just about anything. 

Clearly throttled 

they also block the use of VPN’s as well. If I had another option for internet in my area I’d take it. Just have to hope my starlink preorder is available soon since they have begun to roll out north of my area.

on a wired connection as well.  The idea is they will manually set your connection priority if you call in. That way they can capture on the recorded call that your internet has magically improved after a reset and reprovision. Then wait a 12 hour cycle, or less depending on your towers traffic, and you will be back in buffering, lost connection hell.

Userlevel 1
Badge

T-Mobile is breaking records tonight. 6:20pm, Tuesday night, and 5g is streaming fast and downloading data at 0.23 mbps. Impressive right? How slow can we go?

Userlevel 1
Badge

A new low for TMobile. Wednesday night, 7pm, and download speed is 0.12 mbps.  Useless for tv streaming or even browsing the net. This 5g scam is not the be all, end all solution that we are being led to believe.  I'm switching to a real internet provider soon. Spectrum costs less than TMobile home and is speedy.

Badge

It is becoming absolutely ridiculous … Unable to even do my basic work functions for 5 or 6 hours every day … Installed a new Mesh AP for the house (nearly $500), purchased and installed a new router ($275) and setup external Yagi antennas ($175) … averaging -72db RSRP (4 bars - sometimes 5) … USB Cooling Fan on the modem and disabled all WiFi. The unit has nothing to do but talk to T-Mobile. MTU at 1420 (as per tech support suggestion) … We were completely down for 9 days while they setup their high capacity tower. NOW it is terrible. Completely unusable at certain times with not even a basic Skype call working properly.

When is Tmob going to provide usable service that is halfway as good as cable?  

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Gotta love that deprio scheme during high utilization…

Probly gonna be stuck with it for a while with March Madness kicking off and all.

They have been working on expanding capacity, but they still have issues upstream.  IDK if they even have a dedicated Tier3 team or not, but they need to do something about their peering arrangements.  Often see nearly twice the bandwidth to some markets in the same time frame.

too slow