Question

Unable to Preorder S24 through Samsung

• 28 January 2024
  • 13 replies

Badge

I get the dreaded “Your account type is not supported on Samsung.com. Please see the non-supported account types listed on the page.”

I have a normal Magenta account that is not, government, employee, prepaid, past due, or any of the other possibilities mentioned by the error.  I have also had this exact same account setup for years and years and have no problems doing this same upgrade in the past.

I have been going round and round with T-Mobile and Samsung support and both say it’s the other’s issue and are unable to provide any assistance.  It’s extremely frustrating.  I’ve been such a loyal supporter of Tmobile for so many years it would be nice if they could provide even bare minimums of ethical and helpful support. 

Anyone figure out a solution? 

13 replies

I get the dreaded “Your account type is not supported on Samsung.com. Please see the non-supported account types listed on the page.”

I have a normal Magenta account that is not, government, employee, prepaid, past due, or any of the other possibilities mentioned by the error.  I have also had this exact same account setup for years and years and have no problems doing this same upgrade in the past.

I have been going round and round with T-Mobile and Samsung support and both say it’s the other’s issue and are unable to provide any assistance.  It’s extremely frustrating.  I’ve been such a loyal supporter of Tmobile for so many years it would be nice if they could provide even bare minimums of ethical and helpful support. 

Anyone figure out a solution? 

I need help with this exact issue! Been around and round!! What can I do?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

This was also an issue last year.  I ended up giving up and just ordering through T-Mobile last year.  There was a fairly large thread of people having issues trying to complete orders through Samsung that wanted to purchase a device through T-Mobile’s EIP that wanted to take advantage of Samsung’s accessory credits.  If you really want your device sooner than later.  I would personally just give in and order it through T-Mobile.   It has something to do with how the system is linked to add it to your account.  Direct orders through Samsung for the Unlocked version don’t have any issues trying to place an order so it’s more than likely T-mobile’s system not being able to deal with demand.  

I do NOT want to go on the  5gGO plan or whatever it is that allows me to upgrade! It costs like $85 more than what my plan is now!! I have been a loyal sprint/tmobile  customer for 18 years.  I am ready to just change carriers! This is BS!!

Badge

I do NOT want to go on the  5gGO plan or whatever it is that allows me to upgrade! It costs like $85 more than what my plan is now!! I have been a loyal sprint/tmobile  customer for 18 years.  I am ready to just change carriers! This is BS!!

There’s a $500 EIP credit for Magenta plans if that’s what you’re on.  

Badge

This was also an issue last year.  I ended up giving up and just ordering through T-Mobile last year.  There was a fairly large thread of people having issues trying to complete orders through Samsung that wanted to purchase a device through T-Mobile’s EIP that wanted to take advantage of Samsung’s accessory credits.  If you really want your device sooner than later.  I would personally just give in and order it through T-Mobile.   It has something to do with how the system is linked to add it to your account.  Direct orders through Samsung for the Unlocked version don’t have any issues trying to place an order so it’s more than likely T-mobile’s system not being able to deal with demand.  

Yeah I might have to take the L.  Even beyond the Samsung credit it’s a far better deal though, there’s a 10% cashback deal right now as well.  

Going to speak more with Tmobile about it.  Sucks they can’t fix something this basic (or at least manually override it after escalation).  

There’s a $500 EIP credit for Magenta plans if that’s what you’re on.  

We were on a grandfathered I'm planning from sprint, so I updated to the essentials plan so that ot was a T-Mobile plan....didn't help. I don't know what the magenta plan is...,sigh(

Badge

I’ve been going round and round with CS on this, and even getting a call back after they escalate much less a resolution is difficult. 

Going to entirely miss out on the Samsung deal thanks to Tmobile’s goofs.  So frustrating.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

This conversation is also happening on another thread. The main thing to look at is your account type and plan. Check out the details on the other thread

I'm just guessing here, but are you guys attempting to buy a T-Mobile phone from Samsung? And, if so, why? I'm on T-Mobile (originally with Sprint) and have ordered my phones directly from Samsung for 3 or 4 years, BUT I order the unlocked versions. Get the new phone, switch the sim card from the old phone, and everything's working in minutes. Samsung also offers interest free financing if you don't want to pay it all up front.

Because the only way I can get a discounted phone is if I change my plan to the 5GGO plan which is $90 more than what I pay now. If I buy from Samsung, they give me $650 for my galaxy 22 ultra and a couple other promotions. 

Badge

I'm just guessing here, but are you guys attempting to buy a T-Mobile phone from Samsung? And, if so, why? I'm on T-Mobile (originally with Sprint) and have ordered my phones directly from Samsung for 3 or 4 years, BUT I order the unlocked versions. Get the new phone, switch the sim card from the old phone, and everything's working in minutes. Samsung also offers interest free financing if you don't want to pay it all up front.

The sale from Tmobile for pre-order for an S24 was $800 for a 256gb version - $500 for bill credits w/ trade in + $30 activation fee.  So $330.

From Samsung the deal I was offered was $760 for a 256 GB version, -$500 for bill credits w/ trade in - 10% cashback bonus - $75 in accessory credits. No activation fee.

So essentially closer to $150-200 per device depending on how you value the accessory credits in real money. 

I think you misunderstood me. I'm not asking why you choose to buy from Samsung, that's what I do. I'm questioning why, if you're buying from Samsung, do you choose to buy a phone locked to a specific carrier. I went through something similar back when my service was Sprint. When I clicked on Sprint for my phone I suddenly could only get the deal Sprint offered (which wasn't as good). If you're going to buy from Samsung, get an unlocked phone. I've ordered my phones this way for four years. You'll get the deal Samsung offers, and all you'll need to do when you get it is put your sim card from your current phone into the new one. In minutes the network will register your new device, and all will work as it should. Plus, if you should decide to change carriers you can take your phone without having to jump through hoops to get it unlocked from your carrier. 

Badge

I think you misunderstood me. I'm not asking why you choose to buy from Samsung, that's what I do. I'm questioning why, if you're buying from Samsung, do you choose to buy a phone locked to a specific carrier. I went through something similar back when my service was Sprint. When I clicked on Sprint for my phone I suddenly could only get the deal Sprint offered (which wasn't as good). If you're going to buy from Samsung, get an unlocked phone. I've ordered my phones this way for four years. You'll get the deal Samsung offers, and all you'll need to do when you get it is put your sim card from your current phone into the new one. In minutes the network will register your new device, and all will work as it should. Plus, if you should decide to change carriers you can take your phone without having to jump through hoops to get it unlocked from your carrier. 

My trade ins were an S9, S10, and two S21’s.  For each of these the credit from Samsung for the unlocked phone was $100-250, but Tmobile offered $500 each.  

I did trade in an S21 Ultra using the unlocked offer.  For that the Samsung offered was as good or better.