Question

Upgrade on a trade-in using Go5G Next promo - "Get one on us with trade on Go5G Next"

• 19 December 2023
  • 0 replies

Badge

I currently have an iPhone 13 that I got through T-Mobile when I switched from AT&T well over a year ago. According to my account, I owe $193.33 on this device. My account says I am eligible for an upgrade, so I am trying to upgrade to an iPhone 15. For context, I recently switched my plan from Magenta MAX to Go5G Next. T-Mobile is running a promotion that says, “Get one ON US with trade on Go5G Next”. To be eligible for this promotion: (1) “Purchase an eligible iPhone 15, iPhone 14 or iPhone SE (3rd Gen) series on a monthly payment plan and pay the applicable sales tax on the pre-credit price at time of purchase.” (2) “Have or add a new line of service to a Go5G Next rate plan.” and (3) “Trade in an eligible device in good condition.” I am eligible based on these conditions. However, when I go to trade it in and redeem the upgrade, it says that in addition to the taxes, I must pay the remaining balance on my current device that I am trying to trade in. 

So my question is… if I am sending the device back to T-Mobile in good condition, why am I required to pay the remaining balance before I am eligible for the upgrade? Regardless of the credits that are added to my bill later on for the trade-in value (which comes out to just about the amount I would be paying on the remaining balance), it doesn’t feel like I’m “getting one on us” if I am paying almost $300 before being eligible for an upgrade. 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!