Question

14 dyas of run around and no response from executive team

• 29 September 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

What a nightmare.  I tried becoming a T-Mobile customer through their phone, and it has to be hands down one of if not the worst experience, and it's still ongoing. I attempted to trade in four phones for four new iPhone 15 pro over the phone.  First off, the original salesperson completely screwed up the order, only put in one IMEI number and left off the other three, and told me i didn't need them, she had a workaround.  She told me I would get $1000 per phone and there would be no charges for the phone.  My total monthly bill would be $160.00 because I am a disabled veteran and there is no phone payments cause the charge for the phone is the same as the rebate. Lie #1.  She then told me I would owe $287.35 for taxes for the phones and a $100.00 deposit for a total of $387.35. I questioned the deposit fee because I have over 800 credit scores, she told me I would receive the $100 back in 72 days (yes days).  I had her repeat the amount and accepted it just to get the call over with cause she was horrible.  Imagine my surprise when T-Mobile billed me $789.31.  Lie #2. I called arguing what i was told and then was explained it was taxes, $400 in deposits, and a $105 activation fee, even though their website and advertisements said no activation fee. I argued first i was told different amount and t mobile needed to honor that amount and then i argued why there was an activation fee even though i have screen shots  and every other advertisement sent out showing no activation fee.  I was told I would receive the $400.00 back once they receive my phones in 72 hours, then told they would reverse the $105 activation fee. Yeah they never reversed the activation fee. Onward to the next round of lies.  I received my iphone pros i ordered and noticed only one IMEI number on the return shipping label. I called again questioning what about the other three phones and how would i account for them. After some passing around and nobody having a clue the fake supervisor Mike told me to go to the store and they can fix everything. Another lie. I walked into my local store family in tow with all my phones and they pull up my account and tell me there is nothing the can do, there is only one IMEI and I have to call customer service back. So three hours on that phone that night again. and now another fake supervisor who keepstelling me she has to check with her supervisor says she has a work around to add my all my trade ins on the account and she is sending me a shipping label with all my IMEI listed on there.  Low and behold what do i get a shipping label with only the iphone 15 pros on it and nothing showing any documentation i was sending in my trade ins.  She then tells me that I would be charge 5 dollars a month for my phones, and also i would not receive my $400.00 deposit back for my phone and that it counts toward the purchase price of my phone.  But the $1000 rebate does not pay off a $1000 phone.  apparently I have to pay $100.00 extra per phone and $20.00 extra a month for a $1000.00 rebate for a $1000.000 phone so techincally tmobile is charging over $1200.00 for an advertised price of phone of $1000.  Again a little bait and switch.  The fake supervisor told me I would get back my deposit and still ahve to make payments on my phones.  Whne anyone can make a $1000 rebate on a $1000 phone turn into $1200, please let me know. Again I have no clue out of the 15 different people (Ferdinand, Leo, Jay, Marvi, Mariya, Jonry, Mike just to name a few) how nobody has a clue what to do.  Finally I had to resort to sending all the new i phone pros back to t mobile and now have been told 5-7 days to get my refund.  Oh and that whole I will text you or send you my personal guarantee, yeah never received one from any of your reps. Everyone apologizing and nobody fixing. 

8 replies

Badge

oh and i did leave out some calls because I thought it would be too much to write, it is that bad

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This is basically a user to user forum with some Tmobile moderation that don't have account access.

Hopefully our amazing community manager @HeavenM can point you in the right direction to fix your issues.

Badge

yeah i highly doubt that, deleted my social media post had to call again for same fake apologies like a rehearsal. no notes on the account and still have not even updated my phone number.  already filed a complaint with FCC, now BBB, and sent emails to media and president and cfo.  Maybe smeone will decide to care

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You also need to understand that some issues can take time to resolve.  Giving the Executive Team the time they need to get to your case and then address it in the best way possible, will take time.  Try having some patience!  T-Mobile has over 160 million customers.

Badge

think 15 days of screw ups show plenty of patience, if you cant offer assistance move on

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

That is a lot of drama to go through right at the beginning of something that should be great. 

It sounds like you finally got to return the iPhone 15s that were on the totally incorrect order. They were right that you should get your refund within that 5-7 days from the day we receive the devices back.

I know that this has been an ordeal, but I am curious if you are wanting to redo the order or just reverse everything and not start service with T-Mobile. The return should wipe the slate clean, but you will want to make sure that the account created with that order is fully cancelled and zeroed out if you are not interested in staying with T-Mobile.

If you do want to give us another shot, then you can do a new order for the phones that you want with all the trade-ins listed. If you are getting different models, colors, or memory variants, then it is suggested to do them in separate orders. That way if one color is backordered, it does not delay the other phones. 

Most people on the Community like to reach out to customer support by sending T-Mobile a direct message on one of the social media platforms. That gets you to our T-Force team who are fantastic. 

Badge

I was trying to stay with t mobile, but I am waiting on the refund to be processed cause every time I believe they have fixed this it has not.  Yes I have tried multiple ways to contact tmobile for a resolution.  I have messaged, emailed and called only to get a different answer every time.  Which has led to a whole lot of hesitancy.  I was promised a full refund without the restocking fee so i can go to the store, but again with the last call there is no note stating that even though i had their “personal guarantee” as so they stated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Glad to hear that you are willing to give us a second chance. I am confident that they will be able to get the next order done without any error. If I were you, I would slow them down a bit to make sure they are not trying to cut corners like they seemed to do on the first order. 

The personal guarantee message that is sent at the end of calls can only go to T-Mobile phone numbers, so if your number has not ported over yet or you don't have the number they are sending it to in hand, that would explain why you haven't seen it any time they have sent it. 

Inconsistency in the answers is disheartening and I am truly sorry that is what you have gotten so far. I sincerely hope that things go smoothly for you with the new order.