Question

Am being told I'm on Magenta Max for Sprint customers but I was never on Sprint

• 13 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello, All,

Sorry for the long read ahead.  I guess it’s born of frustration, but mostly, I just want to give all the info I can on my situation.  Thanks.

I appreciate any help/clarification with this, in advance.  We moved to T-Mobile from AT&T last year, around Aug September or so.  This was in store, and we got on Magenta Max for 3 lines for $140.  So, on our bill, it has us paying for the first 2 lines, and then we get the third free (add a line on us).  And this is without any autopay.  So, great.

For the first fews months, the bill was wrong every month.  It was $170 -- no free line.  I had to call or chat every month, sometimes with different people because every one of them said, don’t worry.  I’ve fixed this.  “You have my guarantee”.  And the next month.  $170 again.  Finally, months later, it seems to have stayed correct.  However, we had now added lines, and new, but familiar issues have arisen, as you’ll see.

Now, this year, about a month ago, we went in to the store to see about adding a line for our daughter, which was supposed to be $30 a line.  And for adding a line, we also got a new phone.  Again, great.  The sales rep asked if we were needing anything else, and I said, well, I mean, no, unless y’all had some free line promotions going on.  And he said, well, that’s what I was going to say:  we have a BOGO deal going, add a line and get a line for free.  Well, awesome, so we did that to go ahead and get one for our younger son, that way it’ll be there when he starts to use a phone.  We also got a free phone for this, too.  So, sounds great so far.  These were all Magenta Max lines, as well.

So, all told, that would be our original $140 plus a new line for $30 plus the free line.  So, our new total should be $170 + plus the phone installments, which they said we’d have to pay for the first month or two, but then we’d be credited back and it would then appear as a debit/credit each month.

However, immediately, the new free line wasn’t showing as free.  The lines were $200.  Great.  Here we go again.  I called customer service, and they said that I was not eligible for that.  I said they said I was in the store, so what gives?  They said I was on Magenta Max for Sprint customers and they aren’t eligible for the BOGO line.  I said this is confusing me because we weren’t on Sprint.  We came from AT&T.  Sprint shouldn’t even be in the conversation.  He then tried to tell me it was because of autopay and all that, and I said we don’t do autopay, and our other lines are $30. 

He said he could change us to the “right” Magenta Max, but we would lose all the free line promotions.  And I was like.  What?  No.  Y’all set it up incorrectly.  Why am I having to pay for that?

He then started trying to sell me on a “discount” rate for the lines which while higher than the $170 I was supposed to be paying, “would still be less than $200”.  I didn’t like the way he was badgering me about it and kept trying to push me into a sale rather than fix the problem, so I said, uh no.  I’m not going to do that.  Don’t change anything.  Just leave it alone. 

He said, so you’re confirming that you agree to...and I was like, no no.  I don’t agree to any of this.  It’s not what I was told.  Don’t change anything.  So, you’re refusing the discounted.  No, I refuse to pay for y’all’s mistakes.  You put me on the wrong plan and now you want me to pay extra because of what you did.  No.  Don’t change anything right now.

So, I ended up going back to the store and telling them.  They gave me quizzical looks, but the salesperson and the manager both said that we were eligible for the free line or they wouldn’t have mentioned/offered it to me.  They also said that the care (or lack thereof) team or whatever didn’t always know what all was going on.  The store reps said it would fix itself, and it if didn’t they would at the store level. 

At this point, I’m not sure who to believe.  I would like to have the cost fixed.  I know they can because they did it before.  However, we’re getting the runaround by everyone, who all say to be patient.  We’ve been patient, and we’ve had problems since day 1.  And the thing about the Magenta Max Sprint...I don’t get that at all.  Someone messed up somewhere or they don’t know what they talking about.  Either way, it flags our account as ineligible when it shouldn't be.  I’d like to have that changed, as well, to the regular Magenta Max, without losing our discounts/promotions.  That only seems fairs, as we signed up for that in good faith.

So, anywho, sorry for the long post, but can anyone point me in the right direction to get this resolved.  Calling and chatting hasn’t resolved anything.  I’ve read how twitter can get some action going, but I’m not on there.  That’s why I tried coming here.  I’ve also heard about trying to contact the higher ups, but I’m not sure how to go about that or if that would help or actually be possible.  At any rate, I’d like to speak with someone who has real knowledge or can effect real change.  Thank y’all for any help.  Take care out there.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

No one here has access to your account.  Try reaching out to the T-Force Team via Facebook or Twitter for more help.