Question

Anybody else having issues with upgrading to the iPhone 14?

• 9 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I tried to upgrade online but it says I have to call in to customer support to do an upgrade. I called in and it’s been 45 minutes. Nice lady who is helping but is anybody else having the same issue? I’m on the West Coast and woke up really early just to do this and it’s still not working to upgrade.

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Apple.com thinks that T-Mobile is down, and I cannot get to my profile to view anything. Looks like T-Mobile are having severe infrastructure issues.

I’ve been at it since 4:55 am California and never was able to get it ordered. T-Mobile is so unprepared, they knew what was coming and Same thing happened last year. It so stupid how we all pay so much monthly and they can’t even be prepared a year in advance. I tried Apple and they can’t get T-Mobile server to verify numbers right now. 

Yup, same thing happened when trying to upgrade to the 13 Pro Max. T-mobile, epic fail. Called at 2am HST to sync up with 5am PDT. 

Customer service rep kept apologizing for the delay saying their system is slow and guaranteed me it wouldn’t be sold out and not to worry. She was very pleasant but kept asking mundane questions to kill time. Then she asked to call me back which would be in 30 minutes. Going on almost 2 hours later, no joy. Apple.com thinks t-mobile is down and nothing can be verified. 

Epic fail. I think after 8 years, time to switch carriers.  

I wouldn't hold my breath Pali808 that they will guarantee you anything.  Been going on 3.5 hours with out any fixes or updates for anyone. 

Spent literally an hour on the phone with Mark from T-Mobile, nice guy, kept apologizing. I’ve always had a good/great experience with T-Mobile whether online, phone or in person except for today. Horrible execution, as one of the previous comments stated EPIC FAIL!!!!! How they were not prepared is beyond me. Can’t even take advantage of the promotions and/or trade ins at Apple.com or Best Buy because their sites cannot connect with T-Mobile to verify my account. I was able to get the 14 Pro Max from Apple and the 14 Plus however, I had to take the trade in value Apple was offering.

T-Mobile should honor their trade-in promotions if and when they can get themselves together and act like a company that’s been doing business for years. 

Spent literally an hour on the phone with Mark from T-Mobile, nice guy, kept apologizing. I’ve always had a good/great experience with T-Mobile whether online, phone or in person except for today. Horrible execution, as one of the previous comments stated EPIC FAIL!!!!! How they were not prepared is beyond me. Can’t even take advantage of the promotions and/or trade ins at Apple.com or Best Buy because their sites cannot connect with T-Mobile to verify my account. I was able to get the 14 Pro Max from Apple and the 14 Plus however, I had to take the trade in value Apple was offering.

T-Mobile should honor their trade-in promotions if and when they can get themselves together and act like a company that’s been doing business for years. 

Hope your phones are paid off with T-Mobile already or Apple wont take the trade in. 

I’m having this same problem so it’s sad that months later they STILL haven’t fixed the issue. No one has time to sit and call or Visit a store. So I am looking at Verizon now to switch my company over because I can’t take it anymore.