Question

bait and switch

• 11 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I was told when switching over to t-mobile that my husband did not need to transfer his old phone and they would upgrade it for free.  We switched, it’s been five phone calls with “resolutions” that have not come true.  Our bill was supposed to be a total of 160/month per the representative who switched us over and now they are charging 186.25/month as they are charging us for the phone I was told would be free.  After several hours on the phone with Tmobile I was told there is nothing they can do, that is the “promotion” I qualified for.

This is unacceptable.  I have asked them multiple times to go through and listen to the call as it was recorded and to honor what I was promised for making the switch.  I do not plan to stay with TMobile and will be moving out as soon as possible due to the wasted time, not honoring the deal that was made and nobody trying to resolve this issue.

1 reply

Bait and switch for sure. When signing up for the service as ask if she would email the pricing for my records and she said she is unable to. I was hesitant to switch without the pricing in an email but she was convincing that this was what I would be paying. I tried several times contacting customer service after my first billing cycle as my bill was $100 more than quoted. They apologized but said they can't give me that pricing after I ported over phone numbers. I would have never switch as I left a plan significantly less. Live and learn. I will always have a negative opinion of T-Mobile from this experience.