Bait and switch

• 31 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

December 4 2023, my wife and I wanted to get our kids new Iphones, we thought we could trade them in and get two Iphone 15’s, I wanted to go dirrectly to apple, but my wife talked me in to Tmobil where I had been a customer for 12 years. so we go in and tell we want to traid in these Iphone 14’s in and BUY 2 15’s, I told the customer service people thai I wanted to pay cash for the phones after the discount for the traid in, they give us two I phone 15’s and how much do we owe, we want to pay them off we dont want a bill, we said that several times, and guess what happens.

I pay what I thought was the balance of the phones, actually It was just taxes and other fees that amounted to over 400.00, ok. so we went to change to Verizon, and while porting the phones over they said they cant be unlocked. we said we payed cash for the phones, nad the said no you have a contract, and one wont be done for 24 month’s, so we go back to the store and try to get the problem fixed, and you know what they said, there is nothing they can do your screwed. be aware when you go in to Tmobil I would not ever give this company my business anymore, and if anyone askes who to use as a cellular provider, they get this story, and a strong warning to stay away.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Buying from T-Mobile phones are locked. If you bought them from Apple themselves it'll be unlocked. If you want them unlocked  you need to contact T-mobile for an unlock. Once they put in the request to Apple and they put the token in the system it'll be unlocked. 

We just recently switched from AT&T (because we realized we paid for 3 phones we no longer had for over a year $1400, only to get a $83 credit)  we were told to pay off current phones to get unlocked, then  SCREENSHOT the final bill of the payoff and we would be reimbursed .. So we payed off $1200, screenshot all the final transactions, now being told we were supposed to contact the finance department and have them send screenshots and T-Mobile would send a gift card to pay it with. But since we paid it we are now screwed. They never said any of this during any of the 3 phone calls we made during this process. I’m sick! I feel completely taken advantage of. And after HOURS of being put on hold to speak with a supervisor I was told they’d call me back. STILL waiting 14 hours later. Asked for corporate number, nope only an address !  NOTHING is as good as it sounds with any of these phone companies. Read READ READ ALL the small print .. but then again they lie to your face.