Question

Bill received today, I am switching service on Tuesday

• 26 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

So, I have been having exceptionally horrible service for the past several months with my Tmobile service. Calls kept dropping and no bars in my house. I switched to Tmobile from Verizon back in 2015 even though they were small, the service was good. Had good bars in my home, 3, no call drops etc. I told customer service, when I called about other issues in getting my sister ported off my account that took hours and hours of calls and long hold times for them to listen to me that her phone was ported already. Anyhow…. I told them my cell service was bad and only 1 or no bars in house, they gave the same canned response of how they will look into nonsense everytime. My service never got better and no one got in touch with me. BTW calls to support back in the early days, were answered promptly and they understood my problem. 

Fast forward to this past week. My calls were dropping during important phone calls. My child works at a store that is in a dead zone for Tmobile and gets off work late in an empty parking lot. Worry about that. So….. since no response on any of these matters I have decided to go back to Verizon Why pay for service when you can not use it.

My question is that I just got my bill that is dated for REGULAR CHARGES Feb 24 - Mar 23 my bill date is March 16. First will Tmobile try to make me pay that amount before porting my lines? And from how I am reading that I should not even owe that whole amount. Just want some opinions on this. 

Thank you for any help you can give.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You want to port before your billing date not the due date or otherwise your on the hook for another month.

I recently canceled a line at my billing due date and the line was not on the next bill.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

T-Mobile does not prorate billing.  If you have one day of service from a month.  You will be billed for that entire month.  If.you have a past due balance, you will not be able to port out your number(s).

Badge

Thank you. No past due balance and i fully paid off the balance on the one phone still owed. So I can port before the next billing date without having to pay it Tuesday? Since that is not past due, as it is 3/16 due date. That is how I am reading that. I tried to do it before, but my phones from Verizon were not going to be here on time. That is terrible practice, you should not have to pay for service you do not receive. I call that theft.