Solved

Blocking Scientology Impossible

Badge

For the past 2 years I have tried to get the Church of Scientology blocked. I’ve never been a member, never inquired and yet I’ve wound up on their radar.  They have not stopped calling in spite of being reported through the Do Not Call Registry.  I’ve reported them numerous times.  At the very least I should be able to block them through my TMobile device/account and yet, I can’t.  I have hundreds of calls.  The phone doesn’t give me an audible tone when they call, but every single call goes through. I now get texts as well.  Does TMobile have a relationship with the Church of Scientology?  What are they doing which defies the TMobile network’s ability to have their customers block them?  Is it the same with AT&T or Verizon?  I’m so frustrated that I’m willing to to do what I need to do to stop this. . . even if it means changing providers.  I’m so done.

icon

Best answer by syaoran 4 August 2023, 14:21

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You can block the numbers they call and text from on your device.  No provider has a way to block every phone number of an organization from calling you.  

Badge

If that were the case, I would not have posted. . . whatever they’re doing to evade being blocked from the TMobile network, works.  The bottom line is that they refuse to be held accountable through the legal channels the govt. has set up for consumers and TMobile does not appear to have the technology to address this either. . .  So, what do they know that we don’t?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Do not call lists don’t apply to nonprofits or politicians. Do you use Scam Shield? Please explain what you mean when you write

The phone doesn’t give me an audible tone when they call, but every single call goes through.

Badge

The phone doesn’t physically ring.  You don’t hear it.  You see the call in progress coming in. So what I’m hearing is that any church or self described non profit can call you 20 times a day without repercussion. . . They can blatantly ignore your requests to please stop calling.  They can laugh at you when you tell them that what they’re doing is nothing short of harassment.  Is that what you’re tell me?  I’m trying to wrap my head around this. . .

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

The phone doesn’t physically ring.  You don’t hear it.  You see the call in progress coming in. So what I’m hearing is that any church or self described non profit can call you 20 times a day without repercussion. . . They can blatantly ignore your requests to please stop calling.  They can laugh at you when you tell them that what they’re doing is nothing short of harassment.  Is that what you’re tell me?  I’m trying to wrap my head around this. . .

All I’m saying is that the Federal Do-Not-Call lists don’t prevent politicians and non-profits from calling you. There may be other laws that regulate how often they can call.

I’m really perplexed about your phone not ringing. I have nothing to suggest on that point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

why do i have a feeling someone is spoofing a number and messing with them?

at the OP..does a number show up when it shows an incoming call or is it just blank or private?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Makes me wonder if they don't understand how blocking works.  If I block a number and they call me.  They are sent directly to voicemail and my device would not ring.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

For me on a Pixel 6 if it's detected as spam it's screened and then it's usually disconnected. Text is the same way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

For me on a Pixel 6 if it's detected as spam it's screened and then it's usually disconnected. Text is the same way.

I remember trying that out for a few days.  It kept flagging every incoming call, including family and friends, so I disabled it.  My grandmother does not use that feature on the device for the same reason.  It intercepts too many legit calls, like from medical offices.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I think the Pixel uses Google assistant so if the phone number isn't in your phone book it screens it.

If a name doesn't pop up on caller ID I toss it into screen mode.