Solved

Caller ID incorrect, and I've asked T-Mobile to fix it twice.

• 5 November 2018
  • 7 replies

My caller ID keeps showing up as "Aurora Reyes," which is sadly not my name. I've contacted my local T-Mobile store twice, and they've said that they've had support fix it twice, but every time I call my dad on his work line, I show up as good ol' Aurora. How do I get this taken care of, since calling support doesn't seem to do the trick?

-A but not Aurora

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 7 November 2018, 23:27

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4

I am sorry you have had to deal with this as it should be a fairly simple fix. I would recommend that you call our Team of Experts folks over the phone so we can ensure your name is updated in the billing system.

Just some additional information. When your phone calls someone else, T-Mobile does not transmit your name, only your phone number. At the receiving end, your phone number is matched to a database of names so that your name can be presented. The problem is that there are actually several different database lookup services, each independent of the others. All T-Mobile can do is to send your information to all the services and hope they all update their databases. If one does not, all T-Mobile can do is try again.

Does the problem occur when you call another T-Mobile phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I noticed when I started using a caller ID app called Hiya that when I called my works switchboard it

showed as a person and not a business in the app. Fwiw

I don't know anyone else with T-Mobile. It happens with several business/non-profit lines, though, and it never happened with Verizon or AT&T. Mind you, I like T-Mobile better because you support Net Neutrality, but I tried again, and the issue still isn't fixed.

I tried for the last 6 months.  Probably 8 times.  Each time, they say they will fix it and still all of the lines show the last name of one of the line.  I even asked them to remove which is a simple fix IMO.  Still showing last name of the one line for all 5 lines i have on the account. 

I have a similar problem. A few office numbers showed up on the clients side caller ID as a wrong organization. We loosing clients because of it. Verizon and AT&T caller id showed correct name...

Any ideas who to call? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Any ideas who to call? 

Your congresscritter? It’s a failing in the way the whole industry implemented caller ID. Not unique to  T-Mobile.