Solved

Caller ID says someone else's name

• 1 March 2019
  • 6 replies

When I make a call from my cell phone to a landline in Texas, another person's name is displayed on the caller ID. How can I change it to my name?

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 5 March 2019, 00:36

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5

There's really no way to change what displays as the caller's name. all sorts of phone exchanges handle the information that is broadcast whenever a customer from one company calls any other sort of phone line by another company be it landline or mobile.

Then there are a hundred apps out there that farm caller contact information from various users which employ their apps on their phones. for instance if enough people mark a number as spam certain apps will Mark that as spam and even block the calls.

what this has to do with you calling a landline where a landline does not have a caller ID app itself like a mobile phone can use is that there's no telling how many times your phone number has been reported by x number of people as x name.

It could have been a previous owner of the numbers name. Long story short there's really no way to change how your name appears on some other caller ID.

I have had my number show up on various carriers landline and mobile as my name as wireless caller as somebody else's name and have even had the city reported incorrectly as well as the state.

Userlevel 3

As snn555​ mentioned, caller ID when mixed with a landline can be an uphill battle to get changed. However, it may be possible to have it updated depending on the landline carrier. Have you contacted us via 611 or T-Force through Facebook/Twitter to see if we can get it updated on the backend yet? If not, that's the first step I would take.

I am also having the same issue, it has been going on for 2 months, i have talked with everyone from first level support, to supervisors, to corporate office everyone said that it will be fixed in a few days but it does not get fixed. now i am being told that is is a 3rd party issue that Tmobile works with on caller id's and they gave me a number to contact their vendor, now this is what i pay Tmobile to do but they are telling me to call them!!!! of course they do not answer the phone so you will be stuck with this issue, when a vendor is unable to perform usually they get replaced. but nuestar. gets to continue mess with our accounts and Tmobile is doing nothing to fix it, I am suppose to call there vendor. so if you think that Tmobile is going to fix this, then let me tell THEY ARE NOT.

you are telling us to accept the fact that we pay for a caller id and not getting it, then why provide the service if you can not perform the requested service. i get it about the apps, but when i have been calling my house with my tmobile account for over 13 years and it has been working fine and then it stops, that is not a app.

I am also having the same issue, it has been going on for 2 months, i have talked with everyone from first level support, to supervisors, to corporate office everyone said that it will be fixed in a few days but it does not get fixed. now i am being told that is is a 3rd party issue that Tmobile works with on caller id's and they gave me a number to contact their vendor, now this is what i pay Tmobile to do but they are telling me to call them!!!! of course they do not answer the phone so you will be stuck with this issue, when a vendor is unable to perform usually they get replaced. but nuestar. gets to continue mess with our accounts and Tmobile is doing nothing to fix it, I am suppose to call there vendor. so if you think that Tmobile is going to fix this, then let me tell THEY ARE NOT.

I’m having an issue where suddenly someone else’s name is attached to my number & I’m getting calls for them. But I have had this number for over 20 years and this didn’t start until the last year or so.🤔

My name is WJenkins not WMartin