Question

Calls Cutting Out/In

• 4 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

I have recent T-Mobile service via Assurance Wireless and was given a Schok Volt SV55 with Android version 11, and it doesn’t matter at what point I am in trying to speak with someone when neither one of us can hear the other person or, only one can hear the other. It happens on and off throughout the call no matter if the call is incoming/outgoing. I’ve noticed the calls do have HD and I cannot locate through many internet searches on how to disable the HD for my model phone. Please help! I am not tech savvy and this is disrupting important medical calls. 

7 replies

I am having the exact same problem with this phone. I am also with Assurance Wireless. I have been in touch with a SCHOK rep via email who says I am the only person having this problem. I will give you his email. Both Schok and assurance blame t-mobile. However, I can drive a mile or two and get a signal. These are crap phones that Assurance is dumping on people.

Samuel Gutierrez <support@schokgear.com>

I have the same problem.  Additionally, the screen will go on and off randomly.   I hope resolving these issues will be much easier than using this phone.  Was a replacement phone offered and if so, did it help?  Please advise.

They have not sent a replacement phone. This Schok is acting exactly like the previous one did before it completely stopped. Last week I went with Consumer. My new iphone witll be here thursday. Assurance still hasn’t even mailed one to me and it has been a month. 

Same problem as the others in this thread,  However, I have found that if I have the phone charger plugged in during call, calls are substantially better.  Sending this phone to a subscriber is an insult to the subscriber and indicates the disdain Assurance Wireless has to it’s customers.  I am presently in the process of transferring to Safe Link. I have a number of Trakfones of eminently greater quality.  Assurance Wireless, this is you Notice of Intent.

Hello,

The issue with the assurance phones is the schok Volt S55 is that it comes factory with 1 minute sleep setting.  When you call and do t move your phone for 1 minute, the phone goes to sleep.

To fix:  slide up and click settings, display, then I put mine on 10 minutes before locking.  If you are talking and can't hear, you can shake your phone to wake it up.  The fix is to change the auto lock to 10-30 mins.To save battery, lock your phone manually after each use.

Welcome to the power of TLG.  

ThLittrellgroup.com

I am having the exact same problem with this phone. I am also with Assurance Wireless. I have been in touch with a SCHOK rep via email who says I am the only person having this problem. I will give you his email. Both Schok and assurance blame t-mobile. However, I can drive a mile or two and get a signal. These are crap phones that Assurance is dumping on people.

Samuel Gutierrez <support@schokgear.com>

Hello,

The issue with the assurance phones is the schok Volt S55 is that it comes factory with 1 minute sleep setting.  When you call and do t move your phone for 1 minute, the phone goes to sleep.

To fix:  slide up and click settings, display, then I put mine on 10 minutes before locking.  If you are talking and can't hear, you can shake your phone to wake it up.  The fix is to change the auto lock to 10-30 mins.To save battery, lock your phone manually after each use.

ThLittrellgroup.com

I have the same problem.  Additionally, the screen will go on and off randomly.   I hope resolving these issues will be much easier than using this phone.  Was a replacement phone offered and if so, did it help?  Please advise.

Hello,

The issue with the assurance phones is the schok Volt S55 is that it comes factory with 1 minute sleep setting.  When you call and do t move your phone for 1 minute, the phone goes to sleep.

To fix:  slide up and click settings, display, then I put mine on 10 minutes before locking.  If you are talking and can't hear, you can shake your phone to wake it up.  The fix is to change the auto lock to 10-30 mins.To save battery, lock your phone manually after each use.

ThLittrellgroup.com