Question

Can't make any payments on T-Mobile website

• 12 October 2021
  • 25 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I received the following text:

T-Mobile: As part of your new My T-Mobile experience, your Autopay feature needs to be re-setup prior to your next bill cycle date. To avoid a service interruption, please login and re-setup your Autopay at <link>.

However, when I go to the website and try to refill my account, I get the following error, displayed under the “Payment method” section:

We are unable to process this payment transaction. Please visit a Retail Store to complete this transaction.

The fields to input my payment information are disabled, so I cannot even attempt to make a payment. This is true regardless of whether I try to re-setup Autopay or even just make a one-time payment.

I tried on two different browsers (Chrome and Edge) and got the same results. Why can’t I make my payment online? My cycle ends in a week.

25 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Why can’t I make my payment online?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you tried using *233 to make your payment and setting up AutoPay that way from your T-Mobile Prepaid line?

Userlevel 1

Same issue. Prepaid user for years (the old “Walmart plan”). I went to the retail store, and they also couldn’t do anything. They asked for cash, which I didn’t have. They told me to call the prepaid service number, which I did. They were also useless. My service was canceled due to non-payment. Since my bill is only $30 I found a workaround by buying a $30 prepaid refill card online through Walmart that described itself as “email delivery”. However, you’re able to put your phone number into a field in the cart on Walmart’s site, so they applied the payment directly to my account. After making the payment through Walmart I was notified that my account was re-enabled within 10 minutes. This is pretty pathetic. Multiple T-Mobile support entities (retail store, phone support, and prepaid phone support) couldn’t apply a payment to my account, yet another company (Walmart) could.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Have you tried using *233 to make your payment and setting up AutoPay that way from your T-Mobile Prepaid line?

I could not find an option to set up AutoPay using *233. They only gave me the option to pay a one-time fee using a prepaid card, or to speak to an operator, which would have cost $5

Same issue. Prepaid user for years (the old “Walmart plan”). I went to the retail store, and they also couldn’t do anything. They asked for cash, which I didn’t have. They told me to call the prepaid service number, which I did. They were also useless. My service was canceled due to non-payment. Since my bill is only $30 I found a workaround by buying a $30 prepaid refill card online through Walmart that described itself as “email delivery”. However, you’re able to put your phone number into a field in the cart on Walmart’s site, so they applied the payment directly to my account. After making the payment through Walmart I was notified that my account was re-enabled within 10 minutes. This is pretty pathetic. Multiple T-Mobile support entities (retail store, phone support, and prepaid phone support) couldn’t apply a payment to my account, yet another company (Walmart) could.

I did have success using the Wal-Mart refill card; thank you for mentioning that. When did you start having this issue? It sounds like the problem is specific to this plan.

Anyway, I still am unable to get AutoPay set up again like it was just a couple weeks ago. Could a T-Mobile employee please comment on this and help me get AutoPay reinstated?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The last time I used prepaid, it asked if you wanted to enroll in autopay after making a successful payment through the phone system. 

This forum is primarily a peer help forum with very little presence from T-Mobile outside of moderation.  No one here has access to your account.  Have you tried reaching out to the T-Force Team via Facebook or Twitter? 

The new update sucks so bad. Huge failure 

Userlevel 1

I could not find an option to set up AutoPay using *233. They only gave me the option to pay a one-time fee using a prepaid card, or to speak to an operator, which would have cost $5

I did have success using the Wal-Mart refill card; thank you for mentioning that. When did you start having this issue? It sounds like the problem is specific to this plan.

Anyway, I still am unable to get AutoPay set up again like it was just a couple weeks ago. Could a T-Mobile employee please comment on this and help me get AutoPay reinstated?

I started having the issue after I got notification that I’ve been moved to the “new and improved experience”, and that I would need to setup my autopay again. I login to find that I couldn’t add my payment details to setup autopay, and couldn’t even perform a one-time payment. When I went to the retail store the rep there admitted to me that this new site has “always been garbage when it comes to setting up autopay”. I really hope the engineers know that there’s an issue. But, considering it appears to only affect pre-paid, I don’t think they really care. In fact, I bet they’d love it if we missed our payments and no longer were able to use our grandfathered plans. 

Same exact message I received when I tried to make a payment after being a customer for years. I also tried calling 611 and the automated recording said no debit or credit cards can be accepted, only refill card. This is ridiculous. I feel they are giving a hard time so we switch to a different, more expensive, plan option.  I will be giving another company my business at this point now that I'm without phone service over this. 

Userlevel 1

I have been unable to submit payment to my T-Mobile account since 23 Oct.  This error I am have is repeatable.  It occurred multiple times (around 7x or 8x) on 23 Oct.  I tried twice again today (30 Oct) and same error keeps happening.  I tried again on 11/13/2021… same problem.  And again today, 11/23/2021… same problem.

Here are the steps I'm doing:

1. Log into https://account.t-mobile.com

2. On the /account-landing page, click "Add to balance"

3. Select "Make a one-time payment" (I’m using the amount due.)

4. Select the "Amount due" radio button

5. Select my existing payment method (I’ve deleted and re-added my CC info multiple times to make sure I didn’t enter the wrong info.)

6. Scroll through notice and select "Accept and Submit"

7. A dialog then pops up.  The dialog says "Processing Order", and then a second or two later, the text "Sending Transaction Details" is added to the dialog.  I'm not sure of the exact wording though, because a second or two later, all the text disappears, so I don't have time to write it all down.

8. Finally, I'm left with a completely empty modal dialog box.  The box has a single, pink button, which also has no text.  See the screenshot at the end of this post to see what I see.

9. Because this is a modal dialog, there is no action available except to click the mysterious, pink button.  When I do, I am brought back to the /home page.  When I go back /refill-account page, I can see that the payment failed, because I still have an outstanding balance.

10. Each and every time I do this, T-Mobile IS MAKING a charge to my credit card.  (Therefore, I know I DID enter the correct credit card info.)  Then, a second or two later, T-Mobile refunds the money back to my credit card.  I have called my credit card company, and they have verified this.  My credit card company is not denying any of the charges or refunds.  The issue is completely on the T-Mobile side.  (I can also see the debits/refunds on my credit card when I login to my CC’s website.)

To repeat: when T-Mobile charges my card, the charge is allowed by my credit card company.  Then, immediately afterwards, T-Mobile refunds the money back.  The refund is also allowed by my credit card company.  All these T-Mobile transactions are being allowed.  There is no issue with this credit card, which I use successfully for a many other things.  I use this card everywhere without issues, and I’ve even used the same card before on the T-Mobile website.  But for some reason, nothing works anymore.  I’ve tried this in two different browsers (Chrome and Edge) on two different computers, and the error always happens.

I have the exact same issue. Seems to have started with the release of the “new and improved” website. Anybody found out what is causing this or how to work around it?

Same problem also mentioned here:

The same error also happens with Safari and Firefox by the way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I just paid my bill yesterday.  No issues here using Edge. 

Badge

Tried on different browsers and still I got the same problem. This is a technical issues of the t-mobile system as even via phone this problem happens.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Tried on different browsers and still I got the same problem. This is a technical issues of the t-mobile system as even via phone this problem happens.

If that was true, everyone would experience it.  I don't and others who frequent here regularly don't have that issue.  

Badge

If that was true, everyone would experience it.  I don't and others who frequent here regularly don't have that issue.  

I was contacted by T-Mobile technical support this morning and they have detected issues accepting certain cards. It seem they do have an error and they supposedly were going to escalate it to engineering. So yeah, there is an actual problem that on one side fortunately not everyone experiences but a small sample of population do.

T-Mobile company  and customers services is a painfull same situation here, they really sucks big time the #t-moibile company is completly a mess I still sont understand why the y are one othe larguest carrier in this country the system are obselete and unsecure someone hacked my account and charged me some bills that still are no returned to me me, now I have the same problem like you guys unable to make payments online that means waisting my time they want I go to the store what I gonna do is to send t-moble to hell and switch to another carrier.

Bwahahaha.  So, I’ve been trying to get the darn Prepaid account form on the website to work all morning.  I tried in Firefox, Chrome, and Edge and kept getting an “invalid request” error (super helpful) after submitting my payment details.

I looked at the response coming back from the form (looking via Network tab in Firefox/Edge debug tools) - its seems there’s a validation error with the month of my credit card.  It didn’t like the leading “0” of the month value.  July = ‘07’.

I was able to pay via phone (they were very patient, but were like “yeah yeah crazy person, you don’t know how to use the internet, would you like us to walk you through the form”).

In short, I can’t make a payment online because of incorrect values in their month dropdown and subsequent validation.  This new update is not very well done.

Bwahahaha.  So, I’ve been trying to get the darn Prepaid account form on the website to work all morning.  I tried in Firefox, Chrome, and Edge and kept getting an “invalid request” error (super helpful) after submitting my payment details.

I looked at the response coming back from the form (looking via Network tab in Firefox/Edge debug tools) - its seems there’s a validation error with the month of my credit card.  It didn’t like the leading “0” of the month value.  July = ‘07’.

I was able to pay via phone (they were very patient, but were like “yeah yeah crazy person, you don’t know how to use the internet, would you like us to walk you through the form”).

In short, I can’t make a payment online because of incorrect values in their month dropdown and subsequent validation.  This new update is not very well done.

you’re brilliant - this led me to find a solution. Add your card as a saved payment method and then use the saved card you just added to pay and it goes through.

Userlevel 1
Badge

you’re brilliant - this led me to find a solution. Add your card as a saved payment method and then use the saved card you just added to pay and it goes through.

Tried - still didn’t work. This is so pathetic and cheap engineering - this should NOT be a persistent issue for MONTHS - why is T-Mobile so CHEAP and LAZY when it comes to RESOLUTIONS - I have tried multiple web browsers and different cards - and just tried your work around to no avail - just a blank box with a pink button - the same result if I manually enter the payment method or use the saved one - tried Google, Incognito, and Edge - sad

Badge

Try the Guest Pay page. The Guest Pay worked for me using Apple Pay.

https://www.t-mobile.com/guestpay

This actually worked when nothing else did.

I can’t pay my account since 01 November. I have paid my accounts using login or guest pay for years using the same credit card. I can no longer pay my account using same methods or by phone. My bank confirms it it T-M that is cancelling the payment. Agents can’t provide any help and T-M has not fixed the PostalCode/Zipcode entry field. My account is now suspended and  I can’t do anything about it. Not sorry to miss a company that can’t provide customer support. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I can’t pay my account since 01 November. I have paid my accounts using login or guest pay for years using the same credit card. I can no longer pay my account using same methods or by phone. My bank confirms it it T-M that is cancelling the payment. Agents can’t provide any help and T-M has not fixed the PostalCode/Zipcode entry field. My account is now suspended and  I can’t do anything about it. Not sorry to miss a company that can’t provide customer support. 

Are you trying to pay with a Canadian card?  If so, ask your Canadian Visa provider to add a US address as a secondary billing address to your card and use that.  This works with TD's Visa's and Visa Debit cards.

1/8/24 I am pre-paid client and I had the same issue, but was able to resolve it. These are the steps:

• Buy a “T-Mobile Prepaid refill card” at a convenience store or pay in cash at a TMobile store. Due to my urgency, I bought an e-card (electronic card) from target that was sent to my email within 10 minutes. I paid with my credit card.
  •  Look for the Pin number and enter it in your account. You have two options for that:
    • Call 1 877 778 2106 and follow the prompts to enter the pin number
    • In “My T-Mobile”,  “payment summary” you will find an option on the right that says “redeem refill card”.
  • After that you will find that amount in your “ Available service balance”, which will be used on the date of your renewal.

I am glad to report that it worked and I was able to keep my service active.

I hope it helps for you.

Mahana

I’m a prepaid customer as well and I’ve been having billing issues since August ‘23. Since November’23 I’ve been doing something similar to Mahana. 

Walmart.com has direct top up cards for T-Mobile! There are several increment options ($10, $25, etc.) You can have it directly applied to your account or emailed. When applied directly it takes maybe about 5 minutes to hit account. 

Downside? Might need to make a few purchases if prepaid bill above $60! But worth it when no reps available or not able to help, stores closed, etc! 

Hope this helps, y’all! Sucks we gotta struggle just to give this company money! Lol

-Lew