Question

Can't make or receive calls

Badge

I just signed with T mobile on July 4. I can’t make or receive calls. I’ve been to the store twice and replaced sim card. My phone is an iphone xr, 4G. Do I need to buy a 5G phone? The most important part of my service is being able to make and receive calls as this is also my work phone. Relatives couldn’t get in touch with me and had the police come to my home for a wellness check. I need help...anyone have any answers before I ditch this company?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

at some point here coming up you will need to upgrade into a 5G phone..since it doesnt have TMOs VoLTE you’ll end up loosing calls/regular texts when they shut down 3G.

did the store by chance take a look at your APN settings?

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/apple/t-mobile-internet-and-mms-settings-apple-iphone

Badge

I’ve been to the store 5 times! Have tried wifi calling and just cellular calling. It’s been an absolute nightmare. I’ve been playing around in the settings for days and last night I turned off blue tooth and that solved my issue. I can make and receive calls. I have no idea why that made my phone work! In the mean time I contacted tech support and asked them for a 4G booster and it’s on the way. Tech support told me I didn’t need to upgrade to a 5 G because my network is only 4G where I live. I am very, very rural! Nothing is out here! I do want to thank you for replying on my issue.