Solved

Cancel 1 Line

I have called the 611 number and waited long periods of times in order to reach out to customer service in order to cancel 1 line that is on my plan. May I please have an alternative way to cancel 1 of my lines because I do not wish to continue service for one of my lines as I am not receiving payment for it.

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 3 April 2020, 21:53

View original

12 replies

Can you do it by logging onto your account? I don't know, just suggesting.

Be sure that any phones associated with that line are paid off or you may trigger a big bill.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Unfortunately, I don't see any other way to cancel the line. We need to have you verify your account and I don't believe that option is available online. You're welcome to reach out to our T-Force team through the Facebook and Twitter links on our Community-2153​ page.

im trying to cancel my line but the person thats the primary account holder wont cancel it for me is there anything i can do to cancel it?

Badge

Not allowing cancellation online is something companies do to try and talk people out of cancelling. Or in the case of T-Mobile the rep lied to me and told me I would incur an extra cancellation charge unless I cancelled on the first day of the month. That actually causes you to have to pay for an extra month. And the rep offered to suspend my line until I called back to cancel - something that incurs a charge that wasn't mentioned. And another rep said they would cancel the line and then didn't do it. But this kind of stuff can be penny wise and pound foolish as it really makes me dislike T-Mobile - whose towers I can still use through MVNOs with better customer service.

And you can certainly "verify your account" by logging into your account. It is purely done to try and keep people from cancelling.

Unfortunately, I don't see any other way to cancel the line. We need to have you verify your account and I don't believe that option is available online. You're welcome to reach out to our T-Force team through the Facebook and Twitter links on our Community-2153​ page.

this is BS the F’in wait time is over 2 hours!!!!

I also have the issue of a long waiting time to  cancel a line:  I have tried many times and my waiting times varies between 45 minutes a 90 minutes the answer of “Unfortunately, I don't see any other way to cancel the line. We need to have you verify your account and I don't believe that option is available online.” I do not see this as a Customer Oriented answer. What is T-mobile doing to improve our satisfaction as customer in regards to this matter?

Anther issue is “We need to have you verify your account ..” however, y T-Mobile does not  verify my account to add a line online>o cancel a line T-Mobile needs to check .

Again, are there any efforts to improve this matter “cancelling a line”

Thanks

Badge

Yes, the customer service wait is ridiculous on T Mobile!  The wait is soooooo long.  The web site keeps losing features day by day

On two separate occasions I spoke to a customer service employee to cancel one of two lines I have.  The first one said, “It makes me very sad to know you want to cancel a line.”  That was sweet.  It made me sadder later on to find out that despite this man assuring me that the line was canceled, it was not.  A few weeks later I tried again.  This time the employee got right to the point, expressed no emotion, and said, finally, “Done.”  That made me feel better, until the following billing cycle, and I was charged again for the line that was supposedly canceled!  I am now out $70 dollars for a line I do not use.  I want to use chat or email to verify my experience, but T-Mobile only allows phone calls.  This smells like fish to me, rotten fish.  What is it going to take, a class-action lawsuit?  If I were living in the U.S. right now I would go to a local T-Mobile office and raise hell, but I am living in Mexico.  I want to keep their excellent international plan, but only on one line.  I am at wit’s end with these people.  Just filled out one of their generic requests for my opinion of their services, but I doubt anyone will read it.  I have a lawyer friend.  Maybe that is the only route … a nasty certified letter from a lawyer.

My device was stolen.  I do not want to replace it.  After I reported this to T-Mobile on their website, I received this message: “Something went wrong. We've reported this line as lost/stolen however the line suspension failed.”  I take that to mean that T-Mobile will continue to charge me for a phone that was stolen.  That sounds illegal to me.  We’ll see.  T-Mobile seems to be out of control.Porting 1 line from 4 lines on a single account

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If your car was stolen and you didn't have insurance you still be on the hook for the payments.

If the car was paid for and I had insurance, no problem.  But if I had internet service for the car so I could have Google Maps, music, telephone, and I want to cancel the internet service, but the provider will not cancel, is that right, Gramps?  By the way, I’m a grampa too, old enough to know when I am being ripped off.  Things were simpler before all the hi-tech: land lines, manual windows, look at a map on paper to know where you are going.  Fewer ways for the multi-nationals to get into your wallet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You still need to pay for the phone if it was stolen if there's a balance on the phone.