Solved

Cancellation of BOGO with 2 months remaining out of 24 month contract

• 21 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

As mentioned in title I have 2 months left on a BOGO 24 month contract which requires keeping an additional line active. The person we got the active line wants to go off on their own and get their own contract and we anticipate having to pay off the remaining balance (2 months worth) on both devices which we are okay to do. I tried to search some posted questions on here but couldn’t find a definitive answer as it almost sounds as if I would have to pay the full price on both devices since we aren’t keeping our part of the deal on the contract. 

Has anyone gone through this situation? Did you just have to pay the remaining balance on both devices or did you have to pay it off in full? I want to know if it’s better to just wait the remaining 2 months out and pay for the additional line even though not in use. Or go ahead and cancel to save a few extra bucks. Answers would be greatly appreciated for confirmation. Thank you very much!

icon

Best answer by gramps28 21 July 2022, 06:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The last bogo I had if I paid off the balance I would lose the credits and have to pay the remaining balance of the free phone.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Why not just have them wait until they are paid off then have them get their own service if they want

Badge

Why not just have them wait until they are paid off then have them get their own service if they want

Thanks for the response! So they were a roommate we got the contract with about 2 years ago and they didn’t want to wait unfortunately to get a new phone with their own line, I’m guessing they wanted to be less dependent on us (they are young).

For the record in case anyone else stumbles upon this thread, I called into T-Mobile and as another user mentioned I only have to pay off the remaining balance on both devices which works out well for my situation since it was so close to being paid off completely already. I only had to shell out about $116.00 for both phones, of course half the amount is being provided by the other person who went on their own. 

A bonus was that the rep who assisted me gave us a $25 credit towards our bill since we cancelled a few days after our bill was generated which they didn’t have to do but just adds to their amazing customer service!