Changes to existing plans

• 3 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I cannot find a community to discuss T-Mobile plans. This seems like the most relevant.

We are EXTREMELY DISPLEASED with the changes that T-Mobile has made to the ONE Plan Unlimited 55 plan. They decided to take away Netflix, reduce streaming quality to SD (unless you pay for an upgrade), and change the mobile hotspot from 50 Gb of 5G data to 3G only.

In order to get those features that were previously included in our plan, T-Mobile expects us to move to the Go5G plan and pay much more. I’m sorry. We’ve been loyal T-Mobile customers for over 16 years. We are going to shop around for a better carrier. There are so many alternatives. We aren’t appreciated here.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m sorry. We’ve been loyal T-Mobile customers for over 16 years. We are going to shop around for a better carrier. There are so many alternatives. We aren’t appreciated here.

Marvin, this was anticipated. Some years back DT was trying to sell T-Mobile to AT&T because it wasn’t making any money. The FTC said, “No!” you can’t sell to one of the “Big 3”. John Legere was hired on to turn a “Me too” also-ran company into something viable. Which he did. But DT’s objective was never to run a charity or undertake social change. It was to return a profit for their shareholders. John Legere got the cow healthy and fat and now it’s time for DT to start milking the cow. Now that T-Mobile’s service is perceived to have higher value, they are able to charge more for it. They’ve always run a very lean operation, DT stands to make a lot.

As you say, there are many options. In my locality there are actually 6 wireless carriers: 4* national and 2 regional. There are also a plethora of MVNOs to pick from. I’ve been with T-Mobile for 25 years and have a very good grandfathered plan but if they ever make me go to the new plans, I’m outa here.

*Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T & Dish’s Genesis Network