Solved

Charged for "free" tablet

• 1 December 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

Why am I being charged for a “free” tablet that was part of a promotion, for me to switch to TMobile? Also, why is my receipt from Verizon, that I paid my phone off, denied for the $600 rebate? False promise much?

icon

Best answer by gramps28 1 December 2022, 15:49

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Usually the “free” items are bill credits and may take a billing cycle for them to show up.

Badge

I don’t see the -7.00 credit underneath it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

has it been a few billing cycles?

Badge

Why am I being charged for a “free” tablet that was part of a promotion, for me to switch to TMobile? Also, why is my receipt from Verizon, that I paid my phone off, denied for the $600 rebate? False promise much?

SAME HERE!! I got that same stupid “free” tablet that I’m paying every month for!! They wouldn’t even take it back! It’s still BRAND NEW IN THE BOX! Never even opened it to look at it! AND they were charging me for another whole data line on my service for it and it was like pulling teeth out of a shark just to get them to shut that line off and stop billing me for it! I’ve never used ANY of it! 

They are a joke. I am blown away by what they get away with. I thought it was just me but apparently not. 

Badge

I’ve been with them for 11 months and I’m still being charged for my “free tablet”. I’ve tried several times to return it.  

Userlevel 1

Same here and I would like to find out how many people they have done this too and get a lawyer involved!

Sadly same happened to me. Promo Ad sent to me by my Tmoble app, you qualify for a free tablet ir I could get a better 5G tabket for $11 a month, so I gi ti the Tmobile store. Fees for new number and activation and sales reb yadda yadda, next month I see I am being charged full price...calls to Tmobile...oh it will take a couple months...couple months goes by still bei g billed call again...next month for sure it will be resolved...next month still being billed....more calls....more promises...several stops at Tmobile stores...can't resolve issue. So now a 1 year 10 months and still owe $50 for tablet to be paid off, 2 more payments. So I paid $25 × 24 = $600 for a $300 tablet. So here is where Karma comes into play, my wife on AT&T was thinking jump on my plan, sadly here AT&T iPhone 11 is not compatible with Tmobile. Tmobile says she can trade in for a new iPhone 14 on Tmobile. My wife say nothing is free. She said they lied to you about your tablet and would not/could not fux the issue. So she won't switch to t-mobile because of that. Way to go Tmobile.