Question

charging after cancellation!

• 1 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I canceled my phone service in May! I know because I transferred my phone number and canceled my account to a new service.

Tmobile is trying to charge me for JUNE and send me to collections for $177 which will ruin my credit at an important time ( new born trying to purchase a home).

i need my account cleared and NOT SENT TO DEBT COLLECTIONs

ive called several time and was told it would be resolved, there was nothing I could do, they would not help me!

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

No they are charging you for May in June.  It’s POSTPAID.

You cycle date is different from your bill date. 

For example my cycle ends on the 14th and my bill is due the 30th.

So my bill for example will be April 14 to May 13 and bill will be due the May 30th.  May 14 - June 13 bill is due June 30th.  You may have canceled in May, but you would have usage for the June bill to populate.  If you cancelled BEFORE the start of the May/June cycle you would not have a June due bill.

Badge

Although I love the kinds words and encouragement.

some people need to understand that there are situations where it is unjust instead of commenting on post like trolls taking internal anger out on others.

You’ll be happy to know the situation has been resolved.

I canceled and paid for the month of May-June on May 25th. But they set my cancellation date for June 17th and refunded me my payment for some unknown reason. Then their system saw my payment refunded and went after me for the month of June-July.

Have a blessed day and I hope you too are happy.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

some people need to understand that there are situations where it is unjust instead of commenting on post like trolls taking internal anger out on others.

I canceled and paid for the month of May-June on May 25th. But they set my cancellation date for June 17th and refunded me my payment for some unknown reason. Then their system saw my payment refunded and went after me for the month of June-July.

Just because you hear something you may like to hear doesn’t mean they are taking their anger out on others. We can’t see you account and often 99% of what I mentioned is the reason why people see a bill as most even today still don’t understand how postpaid works.

You can’t pay for May/June if you are postpaid…  In May you’d pay for April/May hence POSTpaid.  You are not prepaying for the following month.

Also doesn’t make sense your last paragraph.  T-Mobile ended up giving you a free month of service. With the dates you given.

Your cycle date ends on the 17th, and you bill is due after that.  Unless you canceled before May 17th you’d get a bill due in June.  June/July bill will be due in July.

Badge

How can someone be happy when you calling them trolls?