Question

Claim Denied by Assurant - says no coverage on the date of loss provided

• 29 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Here is the background of my issue with my phone claim to Assurant.  January 2 of this year, I lost my phone then that night I filed a claim for this incident and provided my card details for the deductible.  Two days after, I receive a denial letter through email that my claim is denied saying I have no coverage.  I was surprised about this news so I logged in to my account dashboard and verified that I have been paying the 360 protection on the current month. Called Sprint support and the agent reached out to Assurant confirming that I have coverage and been paying for at least 2 years for the insurance.  Come to find out that what Assurant has been receiving still is the info connected to my line is still the old phone (Note 10) that I had before I got the phone that I lost (fold 4) and that is the reason why they denied my claim.  When the sprint agent came back at me, interrogating me about any evident that I have been using the Fold 4, in which this question don’t make any sense since I have returned the Note 10 at least 4 months and how am I supposed to use the line if I haven’t been using the Fold 4 and come to find that it was a glitch on Sprint’s system and fixed by putting the Fold 4 as my active device.  Then I filed another claim to Assurant and again it was denied - reason didn't have coverage on the date of loss you provided.  It ticked me big time then called Sprint support and they said they can’t do anything about it.  
I am so pissed to hear this from the agent - for Sprint’s failure to update the phone’s status on my account dashboard, and now telling me that they can’t do anything about my claim even though I have been paying for the 360 protection.  I am more pissed at Assurant as it seems that they don’t access Sorint’s website to verify if I have coverage and denying my claim twice. And I have not used the line for almost a month now trying to figure out what to do with my case.  Anyone, please help!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This is basically a user to user forum with some tmobile moderation that don't have account access so you need to contact Tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter to see if they can help you they also are a higher tier of support.

Badge

This is basically a user to user forum with some tmobile moderation that don't have account access so you need to contact Tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter to see if they can help you they also are a higher tier of support.

Did you even read his post? He is asking for advice because customer service and assurant are both giving him the run around. How is telling him to reach out to customer service (when he already did probably multiple times) helpful?

Problem is, Assurant is a 3rd party company. The family insurance or w.e it is called is overly confusing. If I recall correctly, it covers so many devices/claims and once it is added or used fir a device it only applies to that device or something dumb. I was in a similar situation before. Sprint told me I had to pay an extra amount to add the device to the insurance plan then file a claim selecting a date where it had the insurance on it. This was funny to me because that is considered fraud. They ended up doing a in house claim because it was their fault for not properly setting up the insurance when I got it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes and I gave him the basic advice on how to contact Tmobile support.

This is just a user to user forum with little Tmobile moderation.

The socisl media support called T-Force is able to handle issues like this. They patrolled this board answering question then about 5 years ago they migrated to their social media accounts never to be heard from again.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

At any point did you switch devices? My understanding the device has to on the line during that time.  If for example you gave your kid the device on a different line but you line had the insurance you wouldn’t be covered.

I am going through the same thing. Loyal T-Mobile customer, paying almost $20.00 monthly for Assurant insurance simce 2016 and they denied my claim today - said my device isn’t insured. Spent 3 hours between them and T-Mobile. Had a 3-way call with T-Mobile on the line to verify my insurance and they still didn’t care. I told T-Mobile if they don’t fix it I am going to another service and they said there is nothing they can do, even though they collect my insurance payment every month for the past 8 years. I will be going to another service tomorrow. Stay away from T-Mobile