Question

custodial care in case I am disabled

Badge

In case I am disabled, (senior) can I name someone else to manage payments etc???

9 replies

Badge

Yes you can just give them your log in info they can log in and put their credit card info in or just have your account number and they can pay it at the store. my mom is the account holder and i pay it automatically. I have it on auto pay so it give a discount also. that 55+ plan is the best thing they offer the senior citizens. 

Badge

sO the auto pay is on your bank or hers?

Badge

Its all my bank info. nothing of her banking is attached and they have never said a thing in like 2 years. but, i do have her info if i have to ever do anything with the account. I got tired of having to call them with her when all i needed was to order her a new flip phone and the local stores always tried to upsell her if she went in alone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

there should be a way for you to allow her to make account decisions in there as well..cant remember the steps to do this though.

Badge

there should be a way for you to allow her to make account decisions in there as well..cant remember the steps to do this though.

I mean she can always since she is the account holder there is no way i can make where she cant do anything since it is her account. But, since i pay it on her behalf and dont make her pay me back or anything like that she just lets me take care of it all now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

my answer was to the OP (original poster that started the thread)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I mean she can always since she is the account holder there is no way i can make where she cant do anything since it is her account. But, since i pay it on her behalf and dont make her pay me back or anything like that she just lets me take care of it all now. 

in your case you could always have the PAH (Primary account holder) status changed over to you instead . she would need to contact them to have it switched over.

Badge

in your case you could always have the PAH (Primary account holder) status changed over to you instead . she would need to contact them to have it switched over.

not at all cause then it wouldnt be a 55+ account so that makes absolutely no sense at all 

Badge

my answer was to the OP (original poster that started the thread)

but he never said the person was a him or her im the one that said she. So when you used it that was responding to me.