Question

Customer Service has no clue

• 11 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Galaxy watch had issues, was sent warranty replacement, spent over 10 hrs with Customer service trying to get the warranty replacement working. Spent another 2-3 trying to escalate to arrange a call back. Was told 24-48hrs for the callback. Never received call back.

One CS agent Michael, he transferred me to his “supervisor” and answered the phone this time claiming to be Michael in retentions. He then transferred me to cancelations and once again answered. I said hello Michael why do you keep putting me on hold then claiming to have transferred. He told me he had no supervisors as he he was the head supervisor for all of Sprint/T-Mobile call centers across the globe.

Numerous other agents and their supervisors insisted I had and Apple Galaxy watch. Others insisted it was a phone not a watch. NONE of the agents could comprehend the watch needs to be paired with the phone app as part of the setup process.

I could go on and on….

Over the past 21 years I have become used to incompetent customer service. But since the merger it has become much MUCH worse. I believe much of this is due to outsourcing virtually all customer service to locations where neither T-Mobile or Sprint has ever provided service and does not use the same devices firmware therefore cannot comprehend issues the arise or even know the device names as mentioned above, even after looking over my account. 

I realize this post will be likely be locked and removed as was common with the old Sprint community. With a simple follow up message apologizing and asking for me to reach out once again. But again I’ve spend 12-13hrs with agents refusing to transfer insisting they would resolve the issues.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you might try contacting them through one of their social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter instead of calling in. you start with tier 2 support instead of the call in tier 1 support..

Badge

I did call T-mobile HQ, the switchboard operator said that “the Executive Response Team’s office  was closed 2 years ago”. The new department was called “TEX Area”, twice she tried transferring me to that department only to be put in touch with lvl1 CS in India. 

Chat and social media say the “Executive Response Team” still exists and have put in a requests for callback. but I have yet to receive a callback.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if they say they’ll call me back i take it with a grain of salt..but i also do this with every company out there so TMO isnt the only one i view this way lol

Badge

Right, I’m used to not receiving call backs. Formally most issues were easy to resolve by calling HQ and speaking to someone who knew what the heck they were doing. Unfortunately now as I stated calling HQ isn’t getting me anywhere. Might try asking for a VP’s secretary.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

T-Mobile does have an Executive Team for certain issues.  You have to be referred up the chain though to get a callback from them, which will take a while.  Complaints about Customer Care and Customer Support pretty much go ignored.  It's a part of the way the current CEO has taken the company with a focus on profitability over everything else.  

Badge

Upon further attempts to escalate TEX stands for “Team of Experts” which is a new name given to Tier 1 Customer Service reps and their immediate supervisors to make them feel special under the new structuring. 

Escalations is now called the ESC team for short.

I reached the ESC team through the 4th social media expert I spoke to.

The ESC team could not find any requests submitted for a callback but did see tier 2 tech support and customer service both stated I would receive one in the transcripts.

ESC claims to not have the ability to further escalate to corporate under the new structuring.  

Though they did offer me an acceptable resolution of returning the warranty replacement device as well as the original 10 month old device, voiding my contract , waiving the installment plan, buy out and ensuring that I will no incur any additional fees or charges for the device or the plan upon returning the devices. 

Now I fully expect T-mobile to charge me for the canceling the wearable plan despite the transcript stating otherwise. We shall see.

Clearly it is about short term profit to appease the board thus temporarily securing their executive positions and bonuses. Though you would think someone would raise issue when recent social media posts are averaging 9,000 negative comments and dozens of negative posts being made on a daily basis, mostly regarding contradictory information from CS and outright lies.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Clearly it is about short term profit to appease the board thus temporarily securing their executive positions and bonuses. Though you would think someone would raise issue when recent social media posts are averaging 9,000 negative comments and dozens of negative posts being made on a daily basis, mostly regarding contradictory information from CS and outright lies.

for what its worth you will see the same exact thing on pretty much any companies forums. heck take a look at any of the other carriers forums..very rarely will you see compliments...its pretty much all negative feedback