Question

DataBreach

• 3 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

Did anyone else recently get notified from McAfee Monitoring that their data SSN/DL was all uploaded and found and the dark web? McAfee called it “tmobile databreach .”

6 replies

Badge

Yes. Alerted 2/2/2022 via McAfee, MyFico, and IDNotify who all directly linked my info appearing on the dark web to the data breaches occurring in August and December of 2021.

Yes, we have received several alerts via McAfee, Chase, Experian, etc…   All pointing toward that T-Mobile data breach.  So far, somebody has tried to open up at least a dozen bank and financial related accounts using my ID.  Just closed 2 more fraudulent accounts today.  So far, they haven’t stolen any of our money yet, but this is beginning to be a real pain in the butt !!!

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I have T-Mobile prepaid service and received a letter about a data breach, back in September, regarding the August breach. I have other monitoring services from three different companies and the only item reported to me by all of them, was that my e-mail address and what is now a very old password, were found. No other information.

When I first started with T-Mobile, I had postpaid service from 2005 to 2011, then ported out to other prepaid services and eventually came back to T-Mobile.

Yes. Started receiving notifications a few weeks ago about my social security number and drivers license being on the dark web.  Back in August of last year is when it happened. But for T-Mobile it’s business as usual. No warning no updates no protection.  

We just got a notification from my bank. I think that it is T-mobile’s job to let the users know firsthand that their data has been compromised. That was a big mistake in their end. who knows how much people out there got a hold of our data in the dark web. 

Badge

I have had alerts that my phone, email, SS and drivers license were found on the dark web.