Question

"Diagonstic Testing" notification

• 7 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

OK,

So just sitting here working had a text come in. I checked it and after I checked it. I put the phone back done and saw this notification pop up. 

Someone over at T mobile playing with things?

5 replies

Yes, I got one too. As a software engineer, I can tell you that this could have been caused by many things, almost certainly something that can be ignored. They’ll probably send out an apology email later.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I can tell you that this could have been caused by many things, almost certainly something that can be ignored.

Your user name says it all … Russian hackers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Yes, I got one too. As a software engineer, I can tell you that this could have been caused by many things, almost certainly something that can be ignored. They’ll probably send out an apology email later.

correct. the apology message/text/whatever way they plan on firing it out will be out in the near future..it was a blooper on their end.

Userlevel 1
Badge

On March 7th, some Android users reported receiving a "test" message from T-Mobile Diagnostics. This message was delivered by accident and will not affect the device. We apologize for any inconvenience and, if you haven't already, feel free to dismiss the message.

It looks like there is more to this so called accidental "test". I did notice that when it happened my microphone indicator showed that my phone's microphone was turned on even though I didn't use any app that would require it. I had to restart my phone to get rid of the indicator, but I'm pretty sure whatever software triggered it now has full access to my device and can spy on us. Anything TMO can respond to the breach of our privacy?